+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hanson and lavery

hanson and lavery

rumours on s2 site that a bid from mansfield for hanson has been accepted by the club but the player doesnt want the move surely that must mean the end for him at the lane also that tufty aint overly impressed with lavery so far wonder if a loan to a league 1 club till christmas might benefit him and the club get him some game time i really think we need to bring a striker in before end of august who can challenge imedietlay for a first team spot

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    rumours on s2 site that a bid from mansfield for hanson has been accepted by the club but the player doesnt want the move surely that must mean the end for him at the lane also that tufty aint overly impressed with lavery so far wonder if a loan to a league 1 club till christmas might benefit him and the club get him some game time i really think we need to bring a striker in before end of august who can challenge imedietlay for a first team spot

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...town-1-8703048

Hanson is obviously surplus to requirements now.
    If we loaned Lavery that would leave Clarke, half fit Ched and Inefective Billy against teams who have most possession.
    Unless we bring in a pacy,self starter up top then losing 2 isn't the smartest move.

right well personally i dont see hanson as a championship player and do think a loan for 4 months might well do caolan a lot of good which means for me if these 2 both go we need 2 more in preferably a proven goalscorer at this level and maybe a young striker from a prem club on loan

i'm not trying to say Hanson is championship quality, but in terms of his main strength (winning every single header) he's as good as anyone around at any level.

so far the signs aren't great for us imposing ourselves on matches or creating chances. is it really in our interest to get rid of a very different plan B for the last 10/15 mins of a match??

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    right well personally i dont see hanson as a championship player and do think a loan for 4 months might well do caolan a lot of good which means for me if these 2 both go we need 2 more in preferably a proven goalscorer at this level and maybe a young striker from a prem club on loan
    And they would cost?????????????????????????

Lavery has struggled with the weight of expectation landed on him by blocky pinning his colours to his mast,it's too much for most players if I'm honest

Hanson should be sold, Lavery should stay, and we should sign a striker with pace who can create chances.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    And they would cost?????????????????????????
    What does it matter? The point is we are struggling to compete up top. We need to spend money in this league. It's simple. Wilder is starting to see it. We have a very average side at the moment and if we stay up and move forward about 5/6 of this current team won't be involved. Heart and desire can only get you so far.

I think we're chucking the baby out with the bath water here. Bit of knee jerk going on IMHO. We've played 2 games FFS, and how many minutes have either Hanson or Lavery featured in either? Shall we give them a chance first before condeming them to the knackers yard? Personally I think, had Hanson been fit he would have given Boros defense something to think about, with the long balls we was knocking up and expecting Billy to get on the end of. Keep Calm Blades.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast