+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much is the club worth?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I understand the so called issue perfectly well.
    You're making a mountain out of a mole hill because Pboro mentioned chinky.
    Most people I know say, " fancy a chinkies?" or "I'm off down the chinks, want owt?"

I'd bet anything that you wouldn't have even commented had it been someone you have so called internet respect for.
    And yes I think you're point scoring and yes I think you're a hypocrite.

Creep.
    Where do you get the idea that I even remotely care about pboro enough to single him out? I'd get it if I was Pat - he takes the bait too often and it spoils the board. But I've stayed out of that whole argument to try not to add more fuel to the fire; I'd rather they moved on and focused on football. But more to the point, I've explained my personal reasons for objecting to the term and you've gone and used it in response to me, then personally attacked me by calling me a hypocrite and a creep. Do you think seeing people I love being racially abused with that particular term is somehow insufficient justification for me to object to someone using that word? I've taken issue with my own parents using the term, with my uncle using the term, with (as far as I can recall) pretty much everyone I've heard using the term... I'm not picking on pboro. And pboro is capable of fighting his own battles even if I was. You've decided to jump in and escalate a simple request made directly to someone else on this board to not use a racial slur (heaven forbid I have the audacity to utter such a provocative phrase as "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts"!) into a personal attack against me. Why? What have I done that offends you so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    Where do you get the idea that I even remotely care about pboro enough to single him out? I'd get it if I was Pat - he takes the bait too often and it spoils the board. But I've stayed out of that whole argument to try not to add more fuel to the fire; I'd rather they moved on and focused on football. But more to the point, I've explained my personal reasons for objecting to the term and you've gone and used it in response to me, then personally attacked me by calling me a hypocrite and a creep. Do you think seeing people I love being racially abused with that particular term is somehow insufficient justification for me to object to someone using that word? I've taken issue with my own parents using the term, with my uncle using the term, with (as far as I can recall) pretty much everyone I've heard using the term... I'm not picking on pboro. And pboro is capable of fighting his own battles even if I was. You've decided to jump in and escalate a simple request made directly to someone else on this board to not use a racial slur (heaven forbid I have the audacity to utter such a provocative phrase as "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts"!) into a personal attack against me. Why? What have I done that offends you so much?
    When Pboro walks up to your lass or past her and uses the word you say you despise, then have a word.
    On here he's using the word as a figure of speech. A normal everyday course of talk/type that most people will use.

I have no issues with you, except this one. I have nothing whatsoever against you as a name on here or generally anything you say.
    Pboro can take up for himself, you are correct and he doesn't need me to take up for him. However, I'm doing this because I don't accept how you went about it.
    I've seen the little digs you've had at pboro and this one is a massive crank up of it.

You are a hypocrite and I think you are a creep just for the way you did this.

Now let's see how you get your head around this.
    I was abused for having a Thai wife.
    People would always sneer at me and shout things like, " oi mate, tell your lass to show us her nob."
    Or, wow mate, your wife's so petite, it makes her nob stand right out of her dress."

Or going to the night club without her and the bouncers telling me I can't get in without a Thai.
    Or both of us trying to get into a club and the bouncers laughing and saying " sorry but this is a place where we Bangkok (ban c-ock) so you both can't come in."

I fell in love with her because I made a mistake. I'd went to Thailand and she helped me navigate around. One thing led to another and we go drunk and I ended up sucking her off.
    Just a strange twist of fate.

Anyway, I made that up but I wish you would just take it all in the normal ways it was meant, because none of it is any real personal dig at you.

I've had a dig calling you a creep and I'll apologise if you take the so called racial stuff out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    But he has a right to buy the lease at any time

I do it all the time
    You take on a building or factory with the owner doing the repairs etc

You get it all done and then when you want you apply to buy

I'm not saying this is what he will do or if he is down for the reports upkeep etc

But I'm sure if he wanted or any potential owner wanted to they could buy it
    Don't say he has the right to buy the lease. He bought the lease in 2007. He owns the lease.

I think you are confusing leasehold with freehold. He doesn't own the freehold. The lease Ashley owns has just a little under 106 years left to run.

When Pboro walks up to your lass or past her and uses the word you say you despise, then have a word.
    On here he's using the word as a figure of speech. A normal everyday course of talk/type that most people will use.

I have no issues with you, except this one. I have nothing whatsoever against you as a name on here or generally anything you say.
    Pboro can take up for himself, you are correct and he doesn't need me to take up for him. However, I'm doing this because I don't accept how you went about it.
    I've seen the little digs you've had at pboro and this one is a massive crank up of it.

You are a hypocrite and I think you are a creep just for the way you did this.

Now let's see how you get your head around this.
    I was abused for having a Thai wife.
    People would always sneer at me and shout things like, " oi mate, tell your lass to show us her nob."
    Or, wow mate, your wife's so petite, it makes her nob stand right out of her dress."

Or going to the night club without her and the bouncers telling me I can't get in without a Thai.
    Or both of us trying to get into a club and the bouncers laughing and saying " sorry but this is a place where we Bangkok (ban c-ock) so you both can't come in."

I fell in love with her because I made a mistake. I'd went to Thailand and she helped me navigate around. One thing led to another and we go drunk and I ended up sucking her off.
    Just a strange twist of fate.

Anyway, I made that up but I wish you would just take it all in the normal ways it was meant, because none of it is any real personal dig at you.

I've had a dig calling you a creep and I'll apologise if you take the so called racial stuff out of the equation.
    ������

It is an offensive racial epithet, regardless of whether it is 1 or 1 billion people that use it. And to suggest that I should only challenge pboro if he says it in person shows that you really don't understand the issue. Use of racial slurs needs to be challenged whenever and wherever that occurs. If anything, challenging someone who does it out of ignorance rather than malice is a lot more likely to help lessen the problem - I'm not likely to convince an aggressive chav on the street who's hurling racist abuse at my girlfriend that they really shouldn't do it am I? But someone who uses the term, as you say, as an 'everyday' word that 'most people' use may be a bit more receptive to someone explaining why it's not cool to do that anymore. So I won't take the racial stuff out of the equation, even if it is incentivised by your conditional apology. I realise it must have taken quite a bit for you to man up and say you'd consider apologising for personally attacking me for calling out someone else for saying something racist if I could only decide to believe it wasn't racist after all, but I'm (bizarrely) not enticed by that offer. Instead, I'll do you one better and leave you and pboro to it.

It is an offensive racial epithet, regardless of whether it is 1 or 1 billion people that use it. And to suggest that I should only challenge pboro if he says it in person shows that you really don't understand the issue. Use of racial slurs needs to be challenged whenever and wherever that occurs. If anything, challenging someone who does it out of ignorance rather than malice is a lot more likely to help lessen the problem - I'm not likely to convince an aggressive chav on the street who's hurling racist abuse at my girlfriend that they really shouldn't do it am I? But someone who uses the term, as you say, as an 'everyday' word that 'most people' use may be a bit more receptive to someone explaining why it's not cool to do that anymore. So I won't take the racial stuff out of the equation, even if it is incentivised by your conditional apology. I realise it must have taken quite a bit for you to man up and say you'd consider apologising for personally attacking me for calling out someone else for saying something racist if I could only decide to believe it wasn't racist after all, but I'm (bizarrely) not enticed by that offer. Instead, I'll do you one better and leave you and pboro to it.
    You can't beat a mother Theresa type. No wrong doings and no remarks ever that skirt a so called boundary.
    Whiter than white can be. A bluey whiteness.
    Mr do no wrong and say no wrong.
    Everything is racist until you decide it's fine to use, I suppose.

A big issue about a nothing and made bigger because I challenge it.
    My apology for calling you a creep was massively conditional, you are correct about that, because it still stands, bearing in mind that you've cried about something that you really should have overlooked. But no. Scream and cry like a baby because someone you dislike said a word that doesn't suit you but would surely be overlooked if someone else had said it...as long as they were a forum respected person, of which you deny but clearly is the case.

Keep crying about it and you'll be pulled up on it at all times..

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    I'd say £300m Southampton have just sold 80% for £210m
    .. £300 mill, you are having a laugh .. What assets do you have on the pitch? ..

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. £300 mill, you are having a laugh .. What assets do you have on the pitch? ..
    Probably 10 X the value of yours.

You can't beat a mother Theresa type. No wrong doings and no remarks ever that skirt a so called boundary.
    Whiter than white can be. A bluey whiteness.
    Mr do no wrong and say no wrong.
    Everything is racist until you decide it's fine to use, I suppose.

A big issue about a nothing and made bigger because I challenge it.
    My apology for calling you a creep was massively conditional, you are correct about that, because it still stands, bearing in mind that you've cried about something that you really should have overlooked. But no. Scream and cry like a baby because someone you dislike said a word that doesn't suit you but would surely be overlooked if someone else had said it...as long as they were a forum respected person, of which you deny but clearly is the case.

Keep crying about it and you'll be pulled up on it at all times..
    I'm sorry the phrase "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts" triggered you

I'm sorry the phrase "Please refrain from using racist language in your posts" triggered you
    it triggered him because him and pboro are the same person.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)