+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Wood .. latest !

Chris Wood .. latest !

Not sure if there was another thread ? delete if need be..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...hris-Wood.html. Seems a bit steep for us. I think i would rather have taken a punt on the sandwich toaster..

£20 Million, if BFC pay that they are certainly off their heads.

"Burnley had considered Napoli's Duvan Zapata and Nicolas de Proville of Lille but Dyche prefers players with English league experience". Then be prepared to pay the silly money, in other words get shafted.

Heard from an unreliable source that Woods is only on £8,ooo a week, I don't believe that for one minute. Come on Pulis and the rest get your cheque book out and beat Burnley to the guy.

Its a tricky one ! imo the breville would be my option. If we have bid 20m for wood as is suggested then that is plenty. I will keep my faith in the Dyche man..

Our Board cannot win in the eyes of some people.

They are described as either parsimonious, tight sods or gullible and easy targets and get shafted.

We can't have it all ways guys!

SD likes a certain type of player, Wood fits the mould and we have money to burn. Let's be having him?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

Heard from an unreliable source that Woods is only on £8,ooo a week, I don't believe that for one minute. Come on Pulis and the rest get your cheque book out and beat Burnley to the guy.
    http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/08/...laimed/346923/

I don't think Wood is anything better than what we have.

Saw him in a couple of NZ games in the summer, and his finishing is dire. Fluffed a one-one-one on Saturday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Our Board cannot win in the eyes of some people.

They are described as either parsimonious, tight sods or gullible and easy targets and get shafted.

We can't have it all ways guys!

SD likes a certain type of player, Wood fits the mould and we have money to burn. Let's be having him?
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't BT, it does seem they can't win. We don't set the market, and if we want to sign players we have to pay the going rate, and sometimes a bit over. I have no worries about Wood, he's a more prolific scorer than any of Walters, Vokes or Barnes, and I've long since stopped worrying that Sean doesn't know what he's doing, he clearly does, and if he wants him, I do too. We haven't done too badly trusting Dyche's judgement so far have we.

I really couldn't care less about the price, £12m, £15m, £20m, doesn't matter much, we have so much money sitting in the bank we literally can't spend it. We run at a profit, we have a turnover of well over £120m, we have a tightly controlled wage budget, and we've just raked in around £40m for Gray and Keane. So what if we pay a couple of million more to get Dyche the player he wants and keep him happy. Money well spent, and our bank manager won't even notice the difference.

Amen to all that Sinkov.

I must admit that I was worried before Saturday...but I should have known better.

I will be happier when we strengthen in central defence though. And we will.

Quote Originally Posted by nutsinmay View Post
    I don't think Wood is anything better than what we have.

Saw him in a couple of NZ games in the summer, and his finishing is dire. Fluffed a one-one-one on Saturday as well.
    You don't score 27 league goals in a side that doesn't even reach the play-offs if you are a dire finisher. I like Vokes a lot but he has never got near that scoring rate and I doubt Gray could in team performing at a mid-table level. The goals speak for themselves, he would certainly look to be the best goal scorer in the Dyche era.

Not sure if we can pull it off but Clucas and Wood added to what we have would do for me!

Talking about pulling it off, we might also try and buy Donzy a centre back!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)