+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More signings to come?

More signings to come?

Including Kenedy the left sided wing back,apparently deal agreed but held up because of Chelsea's squad size.

Some polish lad as well
    Lad from stoke
    And a goalie

Certainly need players

But quality not quantity
    We have that already

Not convinced we'll get a goalie now.

I know Rafa wants one but i think after Sunday he'll decide to go with out-field options.

I think it was you that said we saw we don't need a goalkeeper as urgently as thought Pboro?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

I know Rafa wants one but i think after Sunday he'll decide to go with out-field options.

I think it was you that said we saw we don't need a goalkeeper as urgently as thought Pboro?
    I agree, reckon Elliot will get the nod as number 1 and Darlow/Woodman for the cups.

I personally don't think we needed one tbh, would rather the £5m+ go towards someone who's going to bring creativity into the team now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

I'm happy with the goalie situation as it is

Of course I'd love a world class one but the Ines we are linked with ain't a significant uplift from what we have

I can't see why Rafa is wasting time and resources looking for one in this window

Save the money for a left back forward and creative midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

Of course I'd love a world class one but the Ines we are linked with ain't a significant uplift from what we have

I can't see why Rafa is wasting time and resources looking for one in this window

Have to agree with this-although I'd put our need for a striker at the top of the list.

Obviously Rafa thinks it's important to get a 'keeper and who are we to question him, etc, etc, BUT...to get a significant upgrade on Elliott would, you'd think, require a significant outlay and the 'keeper position is not our number one problem. Medium to long term, aye, you'd like to improve our No. 1 but with our limited funds the 'here and now' is the most pressing concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Have to agree with this-although I'd put our need for a striker at the top of the list.

Obviously Rafa thinks it's important to get a 'keeper and who are we to question him, etc, etc, BUT...to get a significant upgrade on Elliott would, you'd think, require a significant outlay and the 'keeper position is not our number one problem. Medium to long term, aye, you'd like to improve our No. 1 but with our limited funds the 'here and now' is the most pressing concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

Agree with both of these.

I guess a lot of comes from the Reina story in the beginning of the window as i think he would of been an upgrade - but that looks pretty dead in the water now.

Agreed that the money should go towards the striker as well, you don't survive this league by not scoring.

.. See Perez has turned you down ..

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Including Kenedy the left sided wing back,apparently deal agreed but held up because of Chelsea's squad size.

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. See Perez has turned you down ..
    I suspect he was never going to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I suspect he was never going to come.
    .. I suspect that too, but give me some leeway I've got a job to do here ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)