+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the people in charge of our game

its only the ugly sisters and dons that are £26 well thats my understanding
    your right re expected crowd it will be low

£26 pittodrie on sat i made the comment to another dee that re the cost that there was no danger i was going,then he said but we charge £26 against them,couldna ague wi that no wonder fans are desserting in droves across Scotland

£9 ticket was dearest, centre stand top tier, could have had £6 and £7 tickets

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    £26 for Hibs at home is a joke especially when its a Sunday 12.30 kick off and on TV, not so sure Hibs will bring 3000 i may be well of the mark but i will estimate between 1,800 2,200 Hibs fans through.

Excellent point re the one partner and regular time slot for games, i agree that would make a big difference.
    Thought it was a Saturday, Sunday wud probably attract 6000 but since its a bank holiday Monday em gonna go for 6462.

Cant say fairer than that��

Just realised cant go myself on the Sunday. Annoying.

The often repeated reason for not reducing prices is that a reduction in price will not create enough of an increase in attendance to make up for the money that would be given away. I had a look at the age split for the Dundee council area, in case this thread did go anti pensioner prices. The population splits 0-15 16.1%, 15-29 24.2%, 30-44 18%,45-59 19.3%, 60-74 14.1%, 75+ 8.4%. If you hope that the support for the Dee's follows the age demographic for the city then the pensioner element might be 14.1%+8.4%= 22.5%, say a quarter of the support.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The often repeated reason for not reducing prices is that a reduction in price will not create enough of an increase in attendance to make up for the money that would be given away. I had a look at the age split for the Dundee council area, in case this thread did go anti pensioner prices. The population splits 0-15 16.1%, 15-29 24.2%, 30-44 18%,45-59 19.3%, 60-74 14.1%, 75+ 8.4%. If you hope that the support for the Dee's follows the age demographic for the city then the pensioner element might be 14.1%+8.4%= 22.5%, say a quarter of the support.
    I wud day closer to a third in next 5 years or so.

Id like to think when the revolution ultimately happens and all adults over 21 pay the same people will remember me and talk fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I wud day closer to a third in next 5 years or so.

Id like to think when the revolution ultimately happens and all adults over 21 pay the same people will remember me and talk fondly.
    I tried to work out what the sort of income this sort of pricing would generate. It's really difficult because we don't know the age demographic of our support. I'm hoping that by persisting in this line of thought we might get the financial wizards who run our club to take a serious look at what a pricing policy such as is being advocated by Rros, would deliver in terms of revenue. Tim Keyes is supposed to be coming over and I'm sure that revenue will be top of his list for discussion. Broadly if you take 6000 potential home based fans and split them in proportion to profile of the city it would give you somewhere to start. The club will know exactly what the age profile of the support is based on ticket sales so it should be simple to see where their strengths are.

I was much encouraged by a poll of sorts on the other forum, which showed a much younger age profile than I had anticipated when reading the posts. I was struck by the fact that perhaps the fans from the 1960's had given up on football and that there might be a bigger number of supporters who really were the children of those 1960's fans.

The result might be that there are not significant numbers of rich pensioners so that even if they did pay the same as everyone else the effective price reduction would be so small as to make little difference to the amount that could be shaved off the "full ST price" and create no upswing in attendance.

You may be underestimating the effect of the Dee's being in a different league from United. We might be building a young support which would be of enormous benefit in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I tried to work out what the sort of income this sort of pricing would generate. It's really difficult because we don't know the age demographic of our support. I'm hoping that by persisting in this line of thought we might get the financial wizards who run our club to take a serious look at what a pricing policy such as is being advocated by Rros, would deliver in terms of revenue. Tim Keyes is supposed to be coming over and I'm sure that revenue will be top of his list for discussion. Broadly if you take 6000 potential home based fans and split them in proportion to profile of the city it would give you somewhere to start. The club will know exactly what the age profile of the support is based on ticket sales so it should be simple to see where their strengths are.

I was much encouraged by a poll of sorts on the other forum, which showed a much younger age profile than I had anticipated when reading the posts. I was struck by the fact that perhaps the fans from the 1960's had given up on football and that there might be a bigger number of supporters who really were the children of those 1960's fans.

The result might be that there are not significant numbers of rich pensioners so that even if they did pay the same as everyone else the effective price reduction would be so small as to make little difference to the amount that could be shaved off the "full ST price" and create no upswing in attendance.

You may be underestimating the effect of the Dee's being in a different league from United. We might be building a young support which would be of enormous benefit in the future.
    I tend to believe my own eyes re the age profile of our support rather than a poll on an over regulated and discredited fitba forum where a significant amount of regular posters don't attend games��

We are at a tipping point b cram as has shown in home attendance v county.

Any reduction in adult price welcome.

I tend to believe my own eyes re the age profile of our support rather than a poll on an over regulated and discredited fitba forum where a significant amount of regular posters don't attend games��

Discredited by whom?

It has a much larger 'footfall' than this forum so it's fair to assume it's more likely to represent the true demographic of DFC fans so I tend to feel their poll results are at least somewhere near believable.

What's better 'over regulated' or completely unregulated?

How do you tell by looking at someone what age group they're in? For example I'm approaching 26 years of age and wha'd a thunk that unless I told you?

Agree entirely that pricing needs to be reviewed. I was hoping to get some mathematical structure into the figures. I'm not sure that the game against County is a good guide for the numbers. They have constantly been criticised for failure to play attractive football and I think most fans would rather have gone to the cup game and seen that as a better and more entertaining way to support our club.

It feels like ST sales have failed to match expectations but the improved performance in the league cup and the game against Celtic could provide the same income as 800 ST holders. Cash wise we might be better off. Pricing is only part of the road to success and the BOD should be looking at the sorts of things that you and others have been suggesting.

There's no need to have a dig about the other forum, IMO. It is different and full of interesting posters again IMO. I'm relieved to see that you read the other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Discredited by whom?

It has a much larger 'footfall' than this forum so it's fair to assume it's more likely to represent the true demographic of DFC fans so I tend to feel their poll results are at least somewhere near believable.

What's better 'over regulated' or completely unregulated?

How do you tell by looking at someone what age group they're in? For example I'm approaching 26 years of age and wha'd a thunk that unless I told you?
    Plenty.

Mibbe they do mate, chum, chum bud, great guy (sorry slipped into Pravda talk��) mibbe they do deeranged, your point is caller?

Unregulated everyday of the week, no many get banned from this site undeserved.

At dens I count furrow lines on foreheads, every line represents a season from hell, some have plenty.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)