+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gareth Barry

Gareth Barry

Sorry folks. I can't see any positives in this signing. Experience is one thing but being over the hill is another. How is this bringing the age of the squad down? Fresh legs really?
    I bet Mozza and Brunt are thinking "We've got a job for life here".

I have two words to say on this subject......"Andy Townsend"....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Sorry folks. I can't see any positives in this signing. Experience is one thing but being over the hill is another. How is this bringing the age of the squad down? Fresh legs really?
    I bet Mozza and Brunt are thinking "We've got a job for life here".
    Im thinking the same Whicka , @ 36 years of age "experience" nar not for me we have Brunt & Morrison who have loads of experience just another rusty nail ,

Could sit out a good 2 year contract at Everton,but's wants to play got to be a positive.
    Judge him when he pulls on the shirt.

Too old, undeniably too old. What happened to the wide felt need for pace, for youth, for skill on the ball? We need a more modern, more enterprising, more aware head coach and dare I say it a braver head coach. ASAP!

Come on, where are the Pulis happy clappers?
    Pick the positives out of this.
    Four or five players in by last weekend, we end up with Gareth Barry the following Tuesday ffs.
    It's like waiting all year for Santa to bring you a X-Box and you get a Commodore Vic 20.
    Barry in, Chadli out (no doubt).
    'Pulis seeking reinforcements' they say!

Quote Originally Posted by brockmoorbaggie View Post
    Come on, where are the Pulis happy clappers?
    Pick the positives out of this.
    Four or five players in by last weekend, we end up with Gareth Barry the following Tuesday ffs.
    It's like waiting all year for Santa to bring you a X-Box and you get a Commodore Vic 20.
    Barry in, Chadli out (no doubt).
    'Pulis seeking reinforcements' they say!
    Welcome back Neil.

All we need now is "Oldham" and "Carolgees" and we can start the party!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Could sit out a good 2 year contract at Everton,but's wants to play got to be a positive.
    Judge him when he pulls on the shirt.
    I'm not judging him mate. I'm judging our manager and recruitment staff for wanting to sign him. No doubt he is a smashing lad.

I've got mixed feelings on it,

On one hand Pulis has spoken about lowering the average age of the squad and then brings in a 37 year old.

But on the other, he'll slot into our system in defensive midfield and won't need to rely on pace so much there. We've got a threadbare squad which he will add to. I've heard he's a top professional so he'd be a perfect example for Field and Harper to learn from. And when the time comes to hang up his boots, he might fancy his hand at coaching or managing the youth team. So he could give us something back from that respect.

So all in all, there are more positives than negatives to sign him for me.

Give him a chance!

West ham get carvalho we get Barry says it all really what a joke

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)