+ Visit Preston North End FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Games...

Tonight's Games...

Well a couple of games in and tonight for our teams there are some very interesting and tough games. Acido's mob have host an inform Forest side but from what's been reported they are riding their look a bit defensively and I think you Tykes might just get your first 3 points tonight. Leeds at home to a Fulham side who have started with a couple of draws. I do fancy Leeds to get the 3 points in this one though. Us Nobbers look to build on a very solid start and have yet to concede a goal against 2 teams who are favourites for the play-offs and we play the Rams tonight on yet another team expected to be in the mix at the end of the season.

Barnsley 2-1 Forest
    Leeds 2-0 Fulham
    Derby 1-1 PNE

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Well a couple of games in and tonight for our teams there are some very interesting and tough games. Acido's mob have host an inform Forest side but from what's been reported they are riding their look a bit defensively and I think you Tykes might just get your first 3 points tonight.
    Barnsley 2-1 Forest
    Yes and it was 2-1 as well, we should have done better against Ipswich on Satdy so I think we're all relieved to get the first win tonight.
    And thats our first home win since beating Leeds back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes and it was 2-1 as well, we should have done better against Ipswich on Satdy so I think we're all relieved to get the first win tonight.
    And thats our first home win since beating Leeds back in January.
    Nice one and glad you lot have got the win under your belt so early and hopefully give your young squad some confidence. I know we lost at Derby the other night but first 3 games W D L isn't bad against supposed sides looking at promotion. Reading up on Saturday at home and if we can sneak a win then it ends up being a great start for us as the last two seasons have seen us in the bottom 5 after 10 games then we proper kick in mid season.

We're off to the dirty hoofing Blunts on Satdy and although there is a chance of us surprising them, Id take a point now if it were offered.
    Wolves are sounding good at the moment, and I bet nobody would have said them & Cardiff & Ipswich to have won all 3 games.
    Burton meanwhile look like they're really up against it this time.

I expect full support for Leeds tomorrow from GArds as we take on a certain ex manager of both our clubs. I think it will be another draw for us though and would take that right now; though obviously a win would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I expect full support for Leeds tomorrow from GArds as we take on a certain ex manager of both our clubs. I think it will be another draw for us though and would take that right now; though obviously a win would be better.
    Ok a tiny bit of support CB and I think you can sneak something up there while they are fresh in the Champ still getting their act together.

Acido I thought that about Burton then they go and beat the Brummies tonight. I have a feeling the Championship is going to be more wide open this season with promotion and playoff places going right to the wire.

Acido I thought that about Burton then they go and beat the Brummies tonight. I have a feeling the Championship is going to be more wide open this season with promotion and playoff places going right to the wire.
    Hey Im glad to see Burton Fc win at this level, especially when its against a so called bigger & better team (like it was against Birmingham tonight). BUT that doesn't apply to when they are playing MY team!.

Ok a tiny bit of support CB and I think you can sneak something up there while they are fresh in the Champ still getting their act together.

Good to see you were right, looks like we won't miss Wood after all and we can do a lot with the money, if we are allowed to - test time!

So is Wood going to Burnsley ?.
    Calvo, I got talking to a Hudds fan recently and he told me a few things about Nakhi Wells. That while he was very popular at Bradford hes a bit of a pratt to the Hudds fans and apparently hes burned most of his bridges now with Wagner.

So is Wood going to Burnsley ?.
    Calvo, I got talking to a Hudds fan recently and he told me a few things about Nakhi Wells. That while he was very popular at Bradford hes a bit of a pratt to the Hudds fans and apparently hes burned most of his bridges now with Wagner.
    Yep, looks like Wood is off to the promised land, I hope he has checked the place out :-) Shame to hear that about Wells, he was good at Bfud, but I can see how it all might go to his head, he is considered a bit of a local hero in Bermuda.

Yep, looks like Wood is off to the promised land, I hope he has checked the place out :-) Shame to hear that about Wells, he was good at Bfud, but I can see how it all might go to his head, he is considered a bit of a local hero in Bermuda.
    A lot of upset Leeds fans about now Wood has left Bellend rd CB.. Looks like you have took us for a ride with the transfer price ..Not my cup of tea,but Dyche likes him so I will give him a chance before moaning.. Lol

So back to tonight's games - ironic the thread is on the k-enders site -

Leeds v Newport - another outing for the great unplayed but i think we should win.
    Barnsley - not sure who they are playing some team called TBC according to the BBC
    Burnley - get a local derby, tomorrow, chance to play their new big man - personally I hope he does well and scores a winner.
    Preston - sat at home with their feet up.

Leeds v Newport - another outing for the great unplayed but i think we should win.
    Barnsley - not sure who they are playing some team called TBC according to the BBC
    Burnley - get a local derby, tomorrow, chance to play their new big man - personally I hope he does well and scores a winner.
    We always beat TBC, they are a crappy team lol. We're at home to the winner of Grimsby v Derby, and their re-arranged tie is tonight so we shouldn't be on tonights fixture list. Unless the winners then have to visit us immediately for a midnight fixture.

Leeds certainly are taking a fancy to this cup CB, quarters last year and a couple of thrashings against potential banana skins. CB have Leeds made loads of changes for tonight's game or just a handful.

BStards v Dingles tomorrow Alfi do you think Dyche will play 2nd string or a mix due to local Derby pressure of honour.

Im looking forward to a right good old dinglebastid thrash-it-up tomorrow, thats what you want in the Cup ties. Pokes in the eyes, pulled hair, grabbing the goolies, and stamping on the feet etc... and thats before they even come out onto the pitch.

Im looking forward to a right good old dinglebastid thrash-it-up tomorrow, thats what you want in the Cup ties. Pokes in the eyes, pulled hair, grabbing the goolies, and stamping on the feet etc... and thats before they even come out onto the pitch.
    Funny yep should be a cracker and it depends Acido if Dyche is going to make wholesale changes or keep a couple key first teamers in because it's their main rivals and bragging rights, surely he can't allow Rovers to waltz off with said rights.

I think Dingles will do um 3-1
    Last edited by gardsPNE; 22-08-2017 at 10:11 PM.

It should be a Burnsley win I agree Gards, but this Lg cup does throw up some odd results and this can be because of managers making equally odd squad changes in these early rounds.
    Btw, I hate what they are doing now to this Cup, have you heard they are making the draw for the next round live in China either later tonight, or that time tomorrow.

Feckin China wtf, next round all the games will be played on paddy fields

Leeds certainly are taking a fancy to this cup CB, quarters last year and a couple of thrashings against potential banana skins. CB have Leeds made loads of changes for tonight's game or just a handful.

BStards v Dingles tomorrow Alfi do you think Dyche will play 2nd string or a mix due to local Derby pressure of honour.
    Well I hope we beat the Bastids Gards.but don't forget we got turned over by Accy Stanley last season..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well I hope we beat the Bastids Gards.but don't forget we got turned over by Accy Stanley last season..lol
    No shame in that Alfi we fell foul to them this season. I do think though you will takes Rovers more seriously just because of the high rivalry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast