+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Games...

Tonight's Games...

Well a couple of games in and tonight for our teams there are some very interesting and tough games. Acido's mob have host an inform Forest side but from what's been reported they are riding their look a bit defensively and I think you Tykes might just get your first 3 points tonight. Leeds at home to a Fulham side who have started with a couple of draws. I do fancy Leeds to get the 3 points in this one though. Us Nobbers look to build on a very solid start and have yet to concede a goal against 2 teams who are favourites for the play-offs and we play the Rams tonight on yet another team expected to be in the mix at the end of the season.

Barnsley 2-1 Forest
    Leeds 2-0 Fulham
    Derby 1-1 PNE

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Well a couple of games in and tonight for our teams there are some very interesting and tough games. Acido's mob have host an inform Forest side but from what's been reported they are riding their look a bit defensively and I think you Tykes might just get your first 3 points tonight.
    Barnsley 2-1 Forest
    Yes and it was 2-1 as well, we should have done better against Ipswich on Satdy so I think we're all relieved to get the first win tonight.
    And thats our first home win since beating Leeds back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes and it was 2-1 as well, we should have done better against Ipswich on Satdy so I think we're all relieved to get the first win tonight.
    And thats our first home win since beating Leeds back in January.
    Nice one and glad you lot have got the win under your belt so early and hopefully give your young squad some confidence. I know we lost at Derby the other night but first 3 games W D L isn't bad against supposed sides looking at promotion. Reading up on Saturday at home and if we can sneak a win then it ends up being a great start for us as the last two seasons have seen us in the bottom 5 after 10 games then we proper kick in mid season.

We're off to the dirty hoofing Blunts on Satdy and although there is a chance of us surprising them, Id take a point now if it were offered.
    Wolves are sounding good at the moment, and I bet nobody would have said them & Cardiff & Ipswich to have won all 3 games.
    Burton meanwhile look like they're really up against it this time.

I expect full support for Leeds tomorrow from GArds as we take on a certain ex manager of both our clubs. I think it will be another draw for us though and would take that right now; though obviously a win would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I expect full support for Leeds tomorrow from GArds as we take on a certain ex manager of both our clubs. I think it will be another draw for us though and would take that right now; though obviously a win would be better.
    Ok a tiny bit of support CB and I think you can sneak something up there while they are fresh in the Champ still getting their act together.

Acido I thought that about Burton then they go and beat the Brummies tonight. I have a feeling the Championship is going to be more wide open this season with promotion and playoff places going right to the wire.

Acido I thought that about Burton then they go and beat the Brummies tonight. I have a feeling the Championship is going to be more wide open this season with promotion and playoff places going right to the wire.
    Hey Im glad to see Burton Fc win at this level, especially when its against a so called bigger & better team (like it was against Birmingham tonight). BUT that doesn't apply to when they are playing MY team!.

Ok a tiny bit of support CB and I think you can sneak something up there while they are fresh in the Champ still getting their act together.

Good to see you were right, looks like we won't miss Wood after all and we can do a lot with the money, if we are allowed to - test time!

So is Wood going to Burnsley ?.
    Calvo, I got talking to a Hudds fan recently and he told me a few things about Nakhi Wells. That while he was very popular at Bradford hes a bit of a pratt to the Hudds fans and apparently hes burned most of his bridges now with Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So is Wood going to Burnsley ?.
    Calvo, I got talking to a Hudds fan recently and he told me a few things about Nakhi Wells. That while he was very popular at Bradford hes a bit of a pratt to the Hudds fans and apparently hes burned most of his bridges now with Wagner.
    Yep, looks like Wood is off to the promised land, I hope he has checked the place out :-) Shame to hear that about Wells, he was good at Bfud, but I can see how it all might go to his head, he is considered a bit of a local hero in Bermuda.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)