+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big night tonight

Big night tonight

Getting a bit anxious if truth be told. I know it's early days but have a feeling our performance tonight will give a much clearer indication of our season to come.

I think it's a home win. 3-0 Gabby x2 and a Bacuna own goal

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I think it's a home win. 3-0 Gabby x2 and a Bacuna own goal
    You do realise Bongo we are the away team, so you think 3-0 to Reading with 2 gabby own goals and a Bacuna 3rd??

Well that puts a different spin on things as our away form is terrible.
    1-0 villa win with a gabby header

Has Gabby ever scored with a header?

Off the top of my head (no pun intended) at old trafford when we won 1-0 and the perfect hatrick against Man city with left foot, right foot and then his head.
    Those were the days he has service from young and Barry.

He got one at the sty also, last 5 min winner. He was professional in those days, many, many moons ago.

That was gold Bro Bongo, pure gold.

A loss against a decent Reading is not the end of the world. The performance is what counts and can our players rebound? Remember we played well at Leicester and lost 3-2 thanks to bad subbing by Sherwood and Guzan at the end, but instead of looking at the positives there was a woe is me attitude and we went into a tail spin that propelled Leicester to the top and usto the bottom. These players are more experienced, so I expect an angry fighting performance win or lose and then watch out the next 6 teams we face.... otherwise watch out it's gonna be a long season.

Well Gabbys on the bench anyway.

Johnstone
    de laet Chester Terry Taylor
    Onomah Whelan Hourihane Thor Green
    Hogan

Gabby comes on with 25 minutes to go and wins the game with a header

Bongo was right about the first own goal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)