+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Set off like a train

If your a fan it was great entertainment and I'm very pleased we are up and running so congratulations to the lads , fully committed and hard working group , as you would expect from Hecky .

Hedges took his goal very well and looks a player with real promise .

Some real hard work to be done and much improvement needed defensively , some of our defending and decision making is naive to say the least .

Pleased at the result , concerning at the same time .

Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice.

Cast off those knee jerk reactions to the first two games and wait til wiv laiked ten wivva a settled team emerging.

Second heyf not good fo mi blood pressure. Hammill on fire.

Defence last five games
    Rotherham---wi lerrin 4
    Bristol City-------------3
    Morecambe------------3
    Ipswich-----------------2
    Forest-------------------1

Spot the pattern emerging

Let the football world rejoice, Barnsley are back.

I don't think they were exactly knee jerk SB, but I agree praise should also be given when we fight as though it matters, like we did last night. Notts Forest look to have become a bit of a team all of sudden with a rich investor and they might surprise a lot of us this season, so lets not under-estimate the value of that win against them last night.

I stated at the weekend that a solid competitive 0-0 draw would make more happy than a streaky win and I stand by that opinion .

Forest seem to be much improved but I doubt they will be anything more than mid table , one tactical switch from Warburton to 4-4 -2 and they controlled the game from there on in , 26 attempts at goal , far far too many to be allowing , especially at home .

I'd like to see us hold our defensive line 10 yards further up the pitch and try and stem the pressure that builds .

A positive reaction the opposition changing tactics and formations wouldn't be a bad idea either .

Massive improvement needed .

Looking at our opponents Animal, remember that team who beat us on the opening day!!
    They scraped a 97th minute 2-2 draw last night at struggling Brentford, otherwise it would have been 2 losses in a row for them and the pressure might have been mounting on the slimebag Johnson again.
    And lets not forget Forest also won at struggling Brentford, after scraping a lucky home win against struggling Millwall, so its still mostly guesswork at the moment. I can't understand how Ipswich have won 3 out of 3 though!.

All im saying is that in my honest opinion and taking nothing away from our spirit and commitment that Notts Forest on what I saw won't threaten the top 6 but on another night they could have had four or five last night against ourselves .

When I see better basics and less naivete in our play I will post accordingly .

The win flattered us and I'm not drawn into the watch us go now camp because we've won our first game .

I understand this won't be a popular view but that's how I saw things last night .

It could be said we had equally as good chances and could possibly have been 3 or 4 up before they scored , very similar to last Setdi, making lots of chances and not converting them , I thought we deserved to win just , to battle like that after Setdis dissapointment shows we are moving in the right direction, a lot of work to be done still and it won't be easy , just to add Ryan Shotton looks set for a move to Boro , would be good to get someone like him in , wonder if his uncle Malcs still keeping fit

And I wasn't disagreeing with what you suggested, about Notts Forest not doing as well when the season moves on.
    I think we're all just relieved to get our first win on the board, surely none of us will get carried away though and we keep our fingers crossed that we might see a few more improvements away at the Blunts.
    Things start to take shape after 10 games, 5 at home and 5 away, and I will be very pleased if we're roughly 16th (where we are now) at that stage.
    Can any of us say we're surprised to see Burton bottom, with 3 straight losses. Its been suggested they will do a 'Rotherham' this season!.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It could be said we had equally as good chances and could possibly have been 3 or 4 up before they scored , very similar to last Setdi, making lots of chances and not converting them , I thought we deserved to win just , to battle like that after Setdis dissapointment shows we are moving in the right direction, a lot of work to be done still and it won't be easy , just to add Ryan Shotton looks set for a move to Boro , would be good to get someone like him in , wonder if his uncle Malcs still keeping fit
    Ryan Shotton is a good call roma , solid championship defender with experience and can lead .

The tactical adjustments by the opposition seem to pass us by , I was studying Hecky when Warburton switched to 4-4-2 and looking for him to counter that but it never really happened .

I'm looking for Hecky to develop too this season and own some points himself from the touchline .

Great win last night scintillating football at times amazing one touch stuff should have been 4-0 at half time. Exactly same as satdi and I agree with Animal. We vot away with dropping off last night. Pearson isn't fit enough and gets caught out time n' time again. Allows way too many crosses to come in and was to blame for the goal for me. Williams drops too deep and should play further forward. He puts us under pressure with side ways passes. Moncur is ok when we're attacking but goes missing too often. Doesn't look like he wants to roll his sleeves up n fight for me. Both him and Williams were n't getting to any second balls which is concerning. Potts when he wimped out of that 50/50 sums him up. Totally powder puff. Totally Robert Sugden. Plus points what a performance by Hammill and Mccarthy they were all over the park winning tackles and moving the team forward down the right in the first half absolutely brilliant. If we can get left side sorted out and engine room sorted we'll be just fine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast