+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Set off like a train

If this current group have to work and run like they did last night to register a streaky 2-1 win then we are going to need 30 players .

Can't be working like that all season that's for sure .

Want a clean sheet on saturday against that lot , feckin league one fodder .

Agree you cant chase your tail for 46 games you'd end up doing yourself a mischief. Need to be better with ball n' let opposition do some running.

Hopefully the fitness, skill, & intelligence levels will all improve as the season moves on, and we won't keep needing to win games like we did last night.

The Blunts meanwhile are giving it the usual 'we should be beating teams like Barnsley' and 'if we don't beat them we're in trouble' etc and words to that effect.

To be fair it's took em a long time , but they did well last year , however some of their fans are getting WednesdayIitus , gerrin above themselves , in general I hope they do well , good Manager H/C a fan same as Hecky to us , Both of us to finish mid /bottom hafe ,

If they struggle it will be a shame for Rodney the Blunt, we might need to buy him some tissues and make him a nice cuppa.

He is a good blowk Rod , met him a few years back , his comments are always fair , not like summarem , it's a nowt match for us really , Big Derby to sum ov them tho even tho they don't admit it creeusz me are some think !! Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Looking at our opponents Animal, remember that team who beat us on the opening day!!
    They scraped a 97th minute 2-2 draw last night at struggling Brentford, otherwise it would have been 2 losses in a row for them and the pressure might have been mounting on the slimebag Johnson again.
    And lets not forget Forest also won at struggling Brentford, after scraping a lucky home win against struggling Millwall, so its still mostly guesswork at the moment. I can't understand how Ipswich have won 3 out of 3 though!.
    Looks like we'll be ok then. All these struggling teams plus Burton & Bolton. Villa & Wednesday are struggling as well.
    It makes me laugh. 3 league games played and teams are struggling or going to run away with the title.
    Fulham are either unbeaten in all competitions or struggling to find their first league win.
    I still think Ipswich will be battling against relegation after watching them at the weekend, yet they've got a 100% record.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Agree you cant chase your tail for 46 games you'd end up doing yourself a mischief. Need to be better with ball n' let opposition do some running.
    Need to be better with ball??????? For 40 minutes We ran their T*ts off. untouchable......
    The opposition Ponte COULDNT COPE WITH US we couldn't have been better.

A good balance and good defensive drill yesterday, against a
    team who were absolutely excellent at free flowing attacking and distribution. Wide passes, good through middle and wide attacking, clever flicks and neat "one-two" football
    Yes, at times we were lucky they didn't break the net from chances I could have put away..... but they didn't

Again...... some of you seem to delight ( despite a win ) in looking on the dark side.
    Perhaps it's just so you can say " There.. Aren't I good.... I told you so"

Things aren't perfect, I get that. There will be improvements, and there has been already. I've missed one game this season so far and can see the progression.
    One or two of you will eat your words before the season ends.

We can be as selective as we want with quote system Jules. A team managed by me would beat a team managed by you any day of week. You'd be that busy clapping over stringing three fcukin passes together you'd miss six going in your own net. Tool.

Oh n' bytheway that was a spot of retaliation mods

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast