+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris , you have got some work to do...............

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    I think we could try, not that I know f3ck all like, the 'geese' or as El Tel used to call it 'The Christams Tree' formation away from home 4-3-2-1 with the the 2 pushing on when attacking to support the 1 then the 2 dropping back when we dont have the ball to make a 5 in midfield and harder to break down. Easy this football malarky isn't it
    Its like I alluded to previously in that it is the quality that you have at the end of the day,
    "You cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear" is the old adage and reading between the lines in CWs comments is that he has seen enough, even after just 3 games and knows that now the time is of the essence as we strive for recruitments,

I would hate to think that in 3 months time there will be fans on Radio and Social media saying that CW has gone as far as he can with what he has got blah,blah, blah, That old chestnut etc,

The issue here is that CW wants to take HIS club further and further but i suspect there are certain factors that are preventing him doing that at present because at the end of the day, Money talks and I smell a rat in this area YET AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    You read my mind...

There's no point being a technically gifted player if you don't have the speed of body or mind to keep pace with the opposition players in the Championship. The only one we have is Coutts and even he is struggling to go toe to toe. Cardiff are a bang average side for this league and we made them look like world beaters just because their players are fitter, stronger and quicker to act. It looked like men against boys for large stretches of the game.

Players like Clarke, Fleck, Freeman and (dare I say it) Sharp enjoyed the luxury of more physical space and more thinking time in League 1. They're not getting it in the Championship and they're coming up short. Kind of makes you realise why they're constantly re-sold from the Championship back down to League 1 level time and time again. Enda Stevens looks like another one of this ilk. It's time for Championship players to sign on the dotted line otherwise we are in a relegation dog fight all season, make no mistake.
    Cardiff are a bang average side for this league? what does that make us then?

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Bobbar i spose eh? But then Boro are bein tipped for the auto's and they narrowly beat us so i spose we're not that bad and Brentford are an established Championship top half side we beat them i spose we're not too bad eh? We need new lads in tho no one thinks different from what i've seen and heard includin Tufty. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 17-08-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    How on earth do you come to that conclusion BB?

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Bobbar i spose eh? But then Boro are bein tipped for the auto's and they narrowly beat us so i spose we're not that bad and Brentford are an established Championship top half side we beat them i spose we're not too bad eh? We need new lads in tho no one thinks different from what i've seen and heard includin Tufty. UTCB
    We haven't half played some rubbish teams so far Rod...

TABLE
    1st Cardiff
    2nd Wolves
    3rd Ipswich
    4th Middlesbrough

1st and 4th away. Why aren't we beating these bang average sides?

cardiff are the dark horses in the championship this season especially with warnocks track record in this division however i dont fancy them for top 6 we just got them at the wrong time of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    Its like I alluded to previously in that it is the quality that you have at the end of the day,
    "You cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear" is the old adage and reading between the lines in CWs comments is that he has seen enough, even after just 3 games and knows that now the time is of the essence as we strive for recruitments,

I would hate to think that in 3 months time there will be fans on Radio and Social media saying that CW has gone as far as he can with what he has got blah,blah, blah, That old chestnut etc,

The issue here is that CW wants to take HIS club further and further but i suspect there are certain factors that are preventing him doing that at present because at the end of the day, Money talks and I smell a rat in this area YET AGAIN
    True, you can only go so far with a certain quality of player and I think you are right in saying that Tufty has clearly identified this. The only but I would add, is that I think there is still a bit more quality to be squeezed out of some them yet IMHO. One or two have been a bit slow out of the traps shall we say. Like I said on another thread, our bar starts tomorrow, it wasn't against Boro or Cardiff. That is our next step up. As for smelling a Rat, I'm getting a slight whiff too, which is unusual for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123