+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 point off...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    We are indeed Acido...and thanks to you lot for playing your part. Was it deserved? Ours was...not convincing but deserved imo. P.S. The 'mighty' Notts Forest? Were you playing a different lot?
    We weren't playing the double Euro cup winners of 79 & 80 tonight, thats for sure lol.
    After having another good first half, we were forced to defend for most of the second half and it was a relief for us when the whistle went on 96 minutes.
    And there can often be a backlash when we play the Blunts, regardless of what their fans did in a recent match. And if we beat them, I wonder how long it will be before they start wanting Wilder out!.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I feel much more confident with vydra and nugent in the side, esp vydra who imo can bag us 20+. If rowett goes with the diamond with lawrence at the tip behind vyds and nuge we'll do ok for goals imo.

Drop gump and weimann, sell one of them ffs.
    You clearly weren't at the same game (or possibly on the same planet) as me, Weimann had a good game

Nice to see the Forest promotion push is over for another year
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 16-08-2017 at 07:01 AM.

I wasn't there but my mate who usually gives me a fair assessment said he thought Weimann was probably the pick of our players.

As a side note Wolves have beaten Boro, Derby and Hull in their first three so they've got to be pleased and Cardiff yet to concede. Warnock is a wiley old fox in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We weren't playing the double Euro cup winners of 79 & 80 tonight, thats for sure lol.
    After having another good first half, we were forced to defend for most of the second half and it was a relief for us when the whistle went on 96 minutes.
    And there can often be a backlash when we play the Blunts, regardless of what their fans did in a recent match. And if we beat them, I wonder how long it will be before they start wanting Wilder out!.
    Feel free to put a few dents in them...confidence and anything else...we've got them on Saturday week...after the little matter of Grimsby away as part of our 'road to......Oakwell'!
    Parking tips for Bramhall Lane appreciated.

Keep away from anywhere buildings are being knocked down, they are partial to lobbing the odd brick at the 'enemy'!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Feel free to put a few dents in them...confidence and anything else...we've got them on Saturday week...after the little matter of Grimsby away as part of our 'road to......Oakwell'! Parking tips for Bramhall Lane appreciated.
    Be wary of Grimsby Anag, they will be playing in banana skin boots on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Be wary of Grimsby Anag, they will be playing in banana skin boots on the night.
    I'm always wary Acido...really we should be able to put out a second string XI that can beat Grimsby but it seldom works like that.
    With three away matches in a week it's the least important result for me (despite the magnificent reward at stake) but it would be nice to start developing a winning mentality.

I thought the same when we had 3 home games in a week, we did beat Morecambe to earn a place in the next round but the next game against Ipswich in the league was more important. And we blew it!.

I see Cloughie Jnr has got a lot on his hands at Burton this season, yes its only 3 losses but the early signs are that they might struggle as badly as Rotherham did last season.

Burton have also had problems with players getting sent off in games which has cost them and have lost their discipline all together and until they get that sorted out and bring in a couple of players in on loan they might find it hard this season to stay up.

Yep, I tend to agree!! I think the fairy tale journey may have peaked and will go into reverse!!
    Still a marvellous achievement even if they drop down and hopefully they can stabilise and build for another go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)