+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did we make a mistake

Did we make a mistake

in letting Aidan Smith leave us ? I have always said yes but wonder what the rest of you think ? A hat trick tonight against Celtic under 20's in Irn Bruce Cup.

He would certainly have put away the two one on one that Kane missed.

I reckon Championship isn't Aidan's level. Kane did miss two one on ones. Dobbie and Lyle had goals disallowed for offside and Dobbie missed sundry other chances.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    He would certainly have put away the two one on one that Kane missed.
    I liked Smith but Kane will be a really good player for us and has a track record at this level and has just signed a 2 year contract with a team who are consistently top half of the Premiership in Scotland. I know who i`d rather have.
    Well done to Aidan but if Celtic under 20s were top level they wouldn`t be losing at Annan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I liked Smith but Kane will be a really good player for us and has a track record at this level and has just signed a 2 year contract with a team who are consistently top half of the Premiership in Scotland. I know who i`d rather have.
    Well done to Aidan but if Celtic under 20s were top level they wouldn`t be losing at Annan.
    Apart from his missed chances I thought Kane played really well . The lad put in a great shift and will only get better

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Spoke to an Annan official who said the Celtic u20s management were far from pleased with their players although they played most of the game with 10 men after a ninth minute sending off. Nice to see the Galabankies getting revenge after the same opponents gubbed them 5 - 1 is last year's competition but no bones about it this was a strong Celtic team so well done to oor neebors.

That's a great result for Annan and well done young Aiden Smith

You have to remember that Kane missed another golden chance against Dundee United. So thats 4 on one on the keeper and missed them all. Ok he is a better player than Aiden, however he is only here for 6 months and could go back to his club, where will we be then? I have said before getting rid of Smith was a mistake as he give s speed up front

Was there no a player called Stuart Kean who came to Queens with a high profile reputation? He just couldnae hit a barn door though!

Smith just isnt good enough he hasnt been a prolific scorer for annan and that is a poor league

At least kane hit the targrt with his 1 v 1s unlike mr dobbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)