+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defenders hitting the goal trail

Defenders hitting the goal trail

Right I'm looking for positives from this season already and here it's staring me in the face. Brownlie , Fordyce , Kerr and Rooney ( two headers) have hit the onion bag already. Good sign that the back line are chipping in as well. Keep it up lads !

The quality of the crosses has certainly improved which is the main reason.When was the last time Queens scored three headers in a single game?What a delight also, in that Queens actually played the ball along the deck and it wasn't the usual hoofball.I take some of my words about the manager back.Stick to this approach please Gary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    The quality of the crosses has certainly improved which is the main reason.When was the last time Queens scored three headers in a single game?What a delight also, in that Queens actually played the ball along the deck and it wasn't the usual hoofball.I take some of my words about the manager back.Stick to this approach please Gary!!

A more than pleasing performance and result last night . Scored 4 , had 2 ruled out for offside , Dobbie hit the post and we missed 2 or 3 one on ones with the keeper . Could of been double figures

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    It would certainly appear that Naysmith has been working hard with the team at improving the quality of the crossing from either wing and from corners. This has borne dividends and the we now do present a far more serious threat in the air which had been lacking for a number of years now. It also looks to me as though young Jordan is positively thriving in his more open left back attacking position however the worry is that his performances will only attract the attention of bigger clubs therefore it would be wise to extend his contract to ward away any suitors or at least ensure that reasonable compensation is guaranteed if the club is unable to ward of any interest come the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Right I'm looking for positives from this season already and here it's staring me in the face. Brownlie , Fordyce , Kerr and Rooney ( two headers) have hit the onion bag already. Good sign that the back line are chipping in as well. Keep it up lads !
    I 'm more optimistic than I've been for a while but the real test will be Dumbarton who are a more streetwise team than Brechin. My concerns are still with the goalkeeper situation and the failure of Dobbie and Kane to hit the onion bag with easy chances. Naysmith will be aware of this and will be working hard this week in training for answers. Meanwhile the support can turn out and try and beat the magic 1000 mark against the Sons this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    It would certainly appear that Naysmith has been working hard with the team at improving the quality of the crossing from either wing and from corners. This has borne dividends and the we now do present a far more serious threat in the air which had been lacking for a number of years now. It also looks to me as though young Jordan is positively thriving in his more open left back attacking position however the worry is that his performances will only attract the attention of bigger clubs therefore it would be wise to extend his contract to ward away any suitors or at least ensure that reasonable compensation is guaranteed if the club is unable to ward of any interest come the January transfer window.
    Very much agree about Marshall. I was in the new stand for a while and got a good luck at Jordan from there . His will to win is frightening in the close combat defenders and forwards have with each other. He also was surging up the line more than at any time previously , showing great fitness and dare I say it , good crossing progress.

[QUOTE=JRSLEFTPEG;38625018]Very much agree about Marshall. I was in the new stand for a while and got a good luck at Jordan from there . His will to win is frightening in the close combat defenders and forwards have with each other. He also was surging up the line more than at any time previously , showing great fitness and dare I say it , good crossing prowess.

M

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Very much agree about Marshall. I was in the new stand for a while and got a good luck at Jordan from there . His will to win is frightening in the close combat defenders and forwards have with each other. He also was surging up the line more than at any time previously , showing great fitness and dare I say it , good crossing progress.
    Yes JR, Marshall impressed me from the start with his tireless running and tenacity in winning ball but tended to fall down with his delivery from out wide. It looks as though having Naysmith as his manager passing on his knowledge/experience from his many years at the very top in the full back position has greatly benefited the young lad as he is beginning to look like the finished article and must be a contender for the best full back in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes JR, Marshall impressed me from the start with his tireless running and tenacity in winning ball but tended to fall down with his delivery from out wide. It looks as though having Naysmith as his manager passing on his knowledge/experience from his many years at the very top in the full back position has greatly benefited the young lad as he is beginning to look like the finished article and must be a contender for the best full back in the Championship.
    I reckon that Carmichael was the man-of-the-match on Tuesday night, completing his first 90 minutes for some time and playing in a slightly different position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)