+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And we all wanted a Striker.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And we all wanted a Striker.....

Last two games for me showing we need a commanding person in the middle. At the back. We need a leader, we need an organiser. We need a Scowan. Someone who is going to get a grip when the ball is being run straight through the middle towards our goal.

I've banged on about the ball to the back post at crosses and corners not being met before..... championship teams leave this back door open regularly..... ... and tonight our first goal came from it.
    For me it was Jacksons missed header that gave them the goal, but I'm not blaming him as he did superbly well rest of the match. But their goal came the same way I've described..... man running in, right at the end of the cross.......

Hammil, at the moment in any other team would be the Captain.... (Hecky please take it Off Angus and let him be a great defender again...... it's obvious he can't concentrate on watching the game, and his own game..... something tells me he'll be SOOOOOO relieved when it happens..... he's not been the same since he got it).... Hammill or Davies......
    Tonight Potts took a booking for the team. Now I know he's not had the best of starts, but when he took the booking tonight he showed, ( along with a few good moves and some good positioning, and intelligent runs) that he can come good. I'd wait before judging him. Poor at Bristol, " waking up " against Ipswich, and "one foot on the floor" tonight...... I liked the booking he took, as he knew he had to stop the move, showed intelligence. And I think he can read a game.... Hourihane took a while .... remember.
    McCarthy and Hammil will be excellent together..... seems like Adam lives Macca coming forward and macca reads the game well..... one or two occasions when he was caught up front after a foray forward, but soon recovered.
    Pearson loves to get forward, and the lad has some skill.....for me he will definitely develop.
    One criticism from me tonight, and it's for a player who saved two or three certain goals... just thought Davo was a bit stuck to his line......

Williams wasn't right. (Did I see him really chuck carrots up, mid game?)
    Hedges....... what can you say...... just WANTS TO GO FORWARD, every time he gets the ball.....

I Criticised Adam Hammil last season, and I said he should be sold......
    I apologise mate........ tonight and Saturday you have fought, battled, scrambled, tackled, and not one petulant act ( and the sitting on the hoardings crossed armed when you were mad with the ref was an absolute CLASSIC!!!! ) ....

I think Hecky took you off to get the applause you deserve.... I hope so....... it would be a shame if he did it to say "I'm the boss" after that display. I think tonight Adam. You showed that it's not about Adam, it's about how the team does.....

Same team Saturday please chaps..
    Last edited by Jules88; 16-08-2017 at 01:24 AM.