+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for Wycombe?

Team for Wycombe?

I'd like to see:

Collin or Fitzsimmons, but will be the former I'm sure
    Tootle, Duffy, Brisley, Jones
    Hawkridge, Yates, Milsom, Grant
    Ameobi, Forte

Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
    I'd like to see:

Ameobi, Forte
    This.

Hewitt, Stead & Alessandra have all underperformed thus far.

Forte 100% deserves to play and at least have a run in the team, his pace made us look much better as a team on Saturday. Stead either isn't fit or age has finally caught up with him.

I think the majority of fans would agree, I personally would pick Dicko based on what i've seen and I think Wycombe will pose more of a threat (a wandering full back like Jones equals a potential disaster). Kevin rightly or wrongly see's things a little different to us fans so i'd expect to see the following (I don't see the Ameobi / Stead partnership ever working).

Collin
    Hawkridge, Hewitt, Yates, Grant
    Ameobi, Stead

I think as its an away fixture he will name the same team as against Chesterfield

I was at last nights game and Milsom worked very hard but achieved little. I am going to commit heresy here and get shot down by everyone and say I wouldn't start Grant - he comes into life into the top 3rd of the pitch (which is fantastic) but offers little to nothing everywhere else - for a tough away fixture I could see Nolan keep him as a impact player. Forte or Stead is an interesting one....

I'd like to see:

Ameobi, Forte
    I think I will leave to the professionals to select he team, they are seeing these players in training daily and have the benefit of the guidance of the medical people re injuries and fitness records, that is what they are paid for. That way you see a team out on the pitch which is fit to play for 90 minutes baring knocks during the game and tactical substitutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I think I will leave to the professionals to select he team, they are seeing these players in training daily and have the benefit of the guidance of the medical people re injuries and fitness records, that is what they are paid for. That way you see a team out on the pitch which is fit to play for 90 minutes baring knocks during the game and tactical substitutions.
    Totally agree B4d, problem I had Saturday with those crap shirt numbers and lack of my glasses (see Jon Stead ill thread) I didn't know who was who anyway, ( apart from Ameobi for obvious reasons of course) so yes leave it to thems that know...

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I think I will leave to the professionals to select he team.
    That's very kind of you. I'm sure Kevin Nolan will be thankful.

I'd like to see:

Ameobi, Forte
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Totally agree B4d, problem I had Saturday with those crap shirt numbers and lack of my glasses (see Jon Stead ill thread) I didn't know who was who anyway, ( apart from Ameobi for obvious reasons of course) so yes leave it to thems that know...
    If you can't tell the difference between players from their hair, boots, builds/height, skin colour and general position on the pitch without your glasses you should probably just stick to listening on the radio.

It's a tough game and after the 3-0 at Coventry I wouldn't mind seeing a cagey 4-5-1 for once (plus the fact that we haven't got a lot going on up front), but Grant has to start.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast