+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for Wycombe?

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between players from their hair, boots, builds/height, skin colour and general position on the pitch without your glasses you should probably just stick to listening on the radio.
    Cheeky bugger, hair, boots, build/height skin colour!!!!!( thats why I said I knew who Ameobi was) I want to watch the football not judge a fashion show.. My post was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest Delroy, but we do need to get those numbers sorted out....

Grant starting is a tough one for me. Not that he is not one of our best players, which clearly he is. It is more to do with Plan A and B. If Grant starts and it does not work out as a team, we have no viable plan B. If he does not start he can come on which then gives us a plan B, if the starting 11 has not worked out.
    As for Wycombe away, this I think will be one of the tougher away games as I expect Wycombe to be there or there abouts. So with that in mind a 4-5-1 is not a bad call.

My choice would be:

--------------Collins ----------------
    Tootle - Duffy - Brysley - Dickinson
    ---Hawkridge - Milsom - Grant
    --------------Yates-------------------
    ----Ameobi ---- Forte
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 17-08-2017 at 01:38 PM.

If you can't tell the difference between players from their hair, boots, builds/height, skin colour and general position on the pitch without your glasses you should probably just stick to listening on the radio.
    I can tell the difference between players from their hair, etc., but if I don't know who he is in the first place because his number is unreadable, how can I put a name to him? Do I shout "Great shot, Green Boots!" Or "Good tackle, Big Black Lad!" Or "That was crap, Blondie!" How about "Pass it to the little feller, you know, him over the other side, I don't know his name but he's got red hair?"

Apologies, I didn't realise the only place you could see what our players looked like was on the pitch during a game, if only there was some sort of way we could see pictures of them on our internet machines?

Apologies, I didn't realise the only place you could see what our players looked like was on the pitch during a game, if only there was some sort of way we could see pictures of them on our internet machines?
    There are at least a dozen or so people on here and on Twitter moaning that they don't know who the players are.

Why should they have to double-check the Squad page to check if that was Brisley or Yates, Saunders or Hodge, Jones or Bird or Walker.

What happens if they decide to have a short-back-n-sides....or grow a beard because we go on a winning run?

There are several new players this year rotating in and out of the team....and lots of new supporters judging by the crowd figures.

What about visiting supporters?......don't they have a right to know which of our players committed a foul or scored a goal?

I think you're being a bit silly, Del, by continuing to support the current invisible numbers....even AH looks set to change them to something visible.

Wycombe not a one man team, sez Nolo. You may need to open a free account to view.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Wycombe not a one man team, sez Nolo. You may need to open a free account to view.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk
    Signed Mackail-Smith today as well. Decent strike force is that

What a good idea! Next home game I'll bring my lap-top

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    What a good idea! Next home game I'll bring my lap-top
    Is your memory that short that you'd need to keep looking? You could just have a look at the squad page now or some pictures on facebook from games and do your best to remember a rough idea of what our players look like surely?

And Tarquin I'm not defending the numbers I just don't understand people that can't work out who players are from their appearance, most of them look completely different from eachother. Dickinson, Walker and Duffy, maybe from a distance you could mix them up but they haven't been on the same pitch together yet I don't think, but in that situation, Duffy is the one with the armband, Walker is probably the one in midfield and Dicko is more than likely the one standing where a left back would stand, this is not applicable to Dan Jones who stands wherever he feels like it would seem but he's also massive, has a full sleeve tattoo and spiky hair

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast