+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Felix Wiedwald

Felix Wiedwald

Had a good match yesterday, made some crucial saves, him and Shaughnessy were probably our 2 best players imo, funny what difference a couple of matches makes, considering they were both SLATED vs Bolton

No surprises there eh Clive? After all,we are known for having some of the best and some of the most fickle fans in football.

It seems so tichi, personally I'm happy they did play well, will do both players a world of good for their confidence

But but I thought WTF said he was sh1t

I wouldn't be quite so quick to say he's any good just yet, yes last night he did make a couple of decent saves where he had to come off his line and to be fair he was fairly quick at that, but he's not really been tested yet; I'm not convinced he commands his box and can come for crosses with confidence and we haven't seen his shot stopping abilities yet. Jury's still out and I'd still prefer Green as first choice.

Haven't seen anyone saying he's good yet, a few cautious comments stating he did okay yesterday [As opposed to rank garbage as some would have us all believe] agree we need to wait and see what he's like when really tested - might happen Saturday?

He got 5 clean sheets in 25 games last season, he's got 2 in 4 already this season, a good start I reckon

Think it's a bit early to be making a judgement on him either way as he has hardly done anything noteworthy. He made one save that I'd expect him to make and recovered a short back pass v Fulham, he's also done some things so far that haven't left me very convinced. See how he does when we are really tested, that is when Green earned his stripes last season, keeping us in games we should have been battered in.

Not seen anyone slating Shaughnessy though? He was brilliant v Fulham, really impressed and nice to know he can come in when needed and perform, though I still think we need another CB to partner Pontus over the course of the season.

good to see that we have several positions that we are pretty deep in.

Keep is one of them as well as our mid field. we are pretty solid in back as well. once the injuries work themselves out we'll be sitting good.

Hard to believe that we have Vierra sitting. a whole of years lately he'd been the best we had in midfield and would likely have sold him already.

Lets not forget Green started the season with a couple of howlers, then went on to have a good one.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)