+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jonny Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Undoubtedly, the Citeh funds will 'outbid' any package we could put together and the alleged fee must be attractive to the owners.
    However, I'm not sure his injury history is quite what they require though...so the rumour is strange.
    Whatever....

Correct Prando! The issue would be - will West Brom reinvest the money if he goes? Will they hell! This is what really sickens me about our club. Olsson and Fletcher would have been on not much less than the new players that have come in and yet the SKY money is huge this year!

We have no ambition and yet you get these silly little shortsighted people blaming the manager for the owner past and present - raping the club!

Very unhappy with the club and told them to stuff my tickets as would rather go on a match by match basis, so the destiny is in my own hands on how much I spent going to matches. If Evans goes and there's not a like for like quality replacement then sadly Accrington ( already committed ) might be my last match!

BBC Radio creaming themselves over this and saying what a brilliant idea it is and that surely we have to do the deal.

I disagree,the Southampton owner was on the radio tonight saying that the answer is "NO" to anyone offering for Van Dyk and that he's getting bored of saying it and will continue to say it until 31st August.

Only one thing will make Albion sell.....the greed of that little Chinky runt that Peace shafted us with.

This summer we've dealt with an already paper thin squad by getting rid of 9 and bringing in just 4 so if Evans goes that'll be TEN players gone,a deficit of six on last season.

My view has always been that Lai wants his £175m back asap and he's doing this very rapidly from what I can see and if he can shift Evans,Chadli and Rondon for £60m in the next two weeks and still cling on this season he'll sell the club next summer.

The sooner this little f u c k e r leaves the better.

This sums up everything that is wrong with the PL post all this additional tv money.

The top 10/12 clubs across Europe take the best players, have huge squads, get all the best young players and to try and balance their books loan out some of their under 23 players at hugely inflated prices. The rest of us have to feed off of the scraps. This stupid merry go round starts every summer and ends when the transfer window ends and then starts up again with the January window.

There is f a that the clubs outside of these top 10/12 can do about it and therefore as much as it annoys me to hell I am trying to ignore it and hope against hope that we keep the players who would appeal to these privilege clubs. Luckily for us (depending upon your point of view) I think the only player that fits this category is Jonny Evans.

It is nothing to do with a lack of ambition on the clubs part if he chooses to go and if the likes of Tottenham cannot hold onto Bale, Everton cannot hold onto Lukaku etc etc how can we expect to hold onto Evans if he wants to go.

If we do sell him then it will prove that the new owners are purely and simply in it for the money. I'm sure TP doesn't want him to go and neither do all the fans. What Evans himself wants to do, I don't know, but alarm bells started to ring for me when he wasn't in last Saturday's squad. I hoped that an injury was the true reason but with today's news I'm beginning to wonder. I hope that I'm completely wrong and he stays.

I'reckon'he'was'tapped'up'Leicester.Even'Pulis'dou bted'the'injury'excuse.
    If'City'offer'the'right'price'then'we'can't'stand' in'his'way.Sometimes'i'think'these'clubs'buy'our'p layers'just'to'stop'us'having'them.
    Lai'won't'sell'us'Mick,Peace'will'have'told'him'al l'about'the'goose'that'lays'Golden'eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    It's get better! This is why I dislike all the Pulis whingers! Knowing our Board and the China Man we will sell Chadli and Evans and bring in another player who needs a wheelchair. Ambition for you and yet still nutters blame Pulis!

Well if Evans ( our best player goes ) then the Cronies calling themselves the Board will get my abuse at Burnley or even better at Accrington where there will be no hiding place!
    So anyone who has a different opinion to you is a nutter? Well thanks for that.
    Do you honestly believe our chairman signed Barry. Do you actually think he knows who Gareth Barry is?
    It's Pulis who wanted him. And you call me a nutter. Are you that deluded?
    The split second Chadli did not go to Austria he was gone. Bomb squad founder member 2017/18. Again this will be a Pulis decision. He is an arrogant man and will not lose face.
    Pulis made the comment on Evan's injury Saturday. "Take his word for it" I read into it that he was calling Evan's a liar. What a strange comment for him to make publicly. Let's hope Evan's word aint like our managers.
    In my 48 years on this earth Albion have always sold their best players. We have always fed other clubs Cunningham, Robson, Moses, through to players like Maresca, Killbane, Roberts, Lee Hughes. It is not just confined to Peace or Lai. It's the way the club has always operated. It's sad but that's how it is. I can to terms with it a long time ago. They never fail to disappoint.
    These players now will be replaced with Pulis style players. He has the final say on incomings.
    I maintain the lack of ambition from board level is keeping Pulis on. He should have gone at the end of the season. Give it three months you'll see what I mean.

If Evans wants to go then let him for 30m and bring in smalling for 12m.

I don't want anyone at our great club that doesn't want to be here.

I too thought TP's wording at the weekend suggested discord.

Re laid I think he wants to increase our revenue by increasing our exposure in China.

He'll follow the Jp model to bank 10m a season minimum.

If he had a say in player sales I think he would have banked 30m from his fellow countrymen last Feb.

And how I wish he had.

Al I got our tickets for Accrington Stanley today, 20 quid to stand is a joke.

If he doesn't want to play football for The Albion then not much can be done these days to prevent him going. We know that the cheque book is the only loyalty in the game nowadays..just the way it is...Place a big price for him and then move on. Not ideal but then it never is. Swansea have just sold their fella so Chadlie will most likely move on....and then Rondon is most likely still disappointed so move him out too. Ship out the youngsters to loan clubs.....and we should be done with our transfer for this window.......
    Safe by Christmas....

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    So anyone who has a different opinion to you is a nutter? Well thanks for that.
    Do you honestly believe our chairman signed Barry. Do you actually think he knows who Gareth Barry is?
    It's Pulis who wanted him. And you call me a nutter. Are you that deluded?
    The split second Chadli did not go to Austria he was gone. Bomb squad founder member 2017/18. Again this will be a Pulis decision. He is an arrogant man and will not lose face.
    Pulis made the comment on Evan's injury Saturday. "Take his word for it" I read into it that he was calling Evan's a liar. What a strange comment for him to make publicly. Let's hope Evan's word aint like our managers.
    In my 48 years on this earth Albion have always sold their best players. We have always fed other clubs Cunningham, Robson, Moses, through to players like Maresca, Killbane, Roberts, Lee Hughes. It is not just confined to Peace or Lai. It's the way the club has always operated. It's sad but that's how it is. I can to terms with it a long time ago. They never fail to disappoint.
    These players now will be replaced with Pulis style players. He has the final say on incomings.
    I maintain the lack of ambition from board level is keeping Pulis on. He should have gone at the end of the season. Give it three months you'll see what I mean.
    No matter what happens off the pitch the on field tactics are all Pulis.
    As far as Evans: clubs can't hold on to players that want away. Swansea & Liverpool among others are finding that out,

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    No matter what happens off the pitch the on field tactics are all Pulis.
    As far as Evans: clubs can't hold on to players that want away. Swansea & Liverpool among others are finding that out,
    Good point Chris,add Barcelona to that list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)