+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sone Aluko

Sone Aluko

Sounds like he is becoming surplus at Fulham. A player I like with strength and pace. Could be worth a bid ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Sounds like he is becoming surplus at Fulham. A player I like with strength and pace. Could be worth a bid ?.
    The question has to be, is there enough of that big championship investment available to get him in?

As a side note, anyone here the first time blade caller who has a box at the Lane and was present along with 50 or so other blades some time back when McCabe reiterated that the Championship investment is definately there once we get back to the championship

£5m more in the kitty from sell ons and yet still no sign of any big investment

As the caller said, if it's not there then tell us, don't bullcrap us

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    As a side note, anyone here the first time blade caller who has a box at the Lane and was present along with 50 or so other blades some time back when McCabe reiterated that the Championship investment is definately there once we get back to the championship

£5m more in the kitty from sell ons and yet still no sign of any big investment

As the caller said, if it's not there then tell us, don't bullcrap us
    Exactly but as usual McCabe over promises and under delivers. We are not asking for stupid money, the sell on money would get us what we need without McCabe having to come good on a firm promise.

i think the problem is we dont know wether to stick or twist here do we go all in and bring 3 or 4 more in or hold some cash back for the january window but its obvious we need at least another couple in now so its a bit of a poser for chris sensed a little bit of frustration in his voice after game last night be aware mr mcabe

Ive a feeling that the hint of frustration in Wilders voice was more to do with just losing to Warnock than the now supposed lack of support from the boardroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Ive a feeling that the hint of frustration in Wilders voice was more to do with just losing to Warnock than the now supposed lack of support from the boardroom.
    Probably right there FKB. However, Wilder has also shown a little frustration at not being able to get any of our latest targets over the line, so I don't think it's all about losing

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    i think the problem is we dont know wether to stick or twist here do we go all in and bring 3 or 4 more in or hold some cash back for the january window but its obvious we need at least another couple in now so its a bit of a poser for chris sensed a little bit of frustration in his voice after game last night be aware mr mcabe
    I thought our 2 owners were looking at other investors for further JTW money ?.We need a good start so twist for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I thought our 2 owners were looking at other investors for further JTW money ?.We need a good start so twist for me.
    Yes McCabe said that. So do we have championship investment put aside as we've led to believe or not?

The caller said no bullcrap tell us what the score is. Don't tell us there is if there isn't. The caller is repeating what KM said that is all

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Probably right there FKB. However, Wilder has also shown a little frustration at not being able to get any of our latest targets over the line, so I don't think it's all about losing
    Its important, I feel, not to see something and immediately think it supports our theories or predjudices. So far as I can see, Chris has brought in a bunch of players he wanted and has been backed. He's been given money, has he spent it wisely? If they are now looking a bit inadequate, and some of our stars are struggling to make the step up, that isn't in itself a fault of the board.

I remember Keith Hill ( a very respectable lower league manager) being interviewed after he got fired from Barnsley, and him saying that he couldn't believe the speed and power of the game at the higher level. Has Tufty underestimated the step-up in the players he's brought in? Does his 'wages and budget philosophy' work at this level. Is he just working within an inadequate budget? The thing is, none of us know for sure. Its easy to blame McCabe, but it is also unfair without knowing the facts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast