+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible £250,000 into club funds?

Does it really matter? Money or no money Celtic are that far ahead of the rest of us in the league and probably will be for seasons to come. The only challenge is who's going to finish second

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    LSM …. the words "knob Complete bigoted” spring to mind and from comments MANY think the same .. perhaps not being a Complete (?)
    It’s FREE money and I applaud their success cos we’ll never make money from Europe.
    Did we not get cash from their success last campaign ?
    "Bigoted knobend" are certainly the words that spring to my mind whenever I hear this attitude that anyone who dislikes Celtic or isn't prepared to lick their buttcracks is 'bigoted' for some reason. It's very narrow minded and moronic, devoid of any reason or logic, but so prevalent in this part of the world where so many football fans are either Celtic minded or influenced by Celtic in their way of thinking, like you seem to be with those stupid remarks.

To dislike any football club is not bigoted, indeed that particular football club have many valid reasons to dislike them, one of which being labelling anyone who doesn't share their views as bigoted, which in itself is bigoted in the literal sense of the word.

I can see where you're coming from LSM. Yes, of course the £250k will help the club, especially in relation to clubs in lower divisions. However it won't improve competition in the Premiership, quite the reverse in fact. Europe is nothing other than a big boys club, run for them by them.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    LSM …. the words "knob Complete bigoted” spring to mind and from comments MANY think the same .. perhaps not being a Complete (?)
    It’s FREE money and I applaud their success cos we’ll never make money from Europe.
    Did we not get cash from their success last campaign ?
    Hmmm...not too impressed with the sentiment expressed. Let's not make nasty assertions about other poster. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Hmmm...not too impressed with the sentiment expressed. Let's not make nasty assertions about other poster. Thanks.
    Well said jwok, comments like that deserve to be shouted down and dismissed as they are idiotic, stupid and totally uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    "Bigoted knobend" are certainly the words that spring to my mind whenever I hear this attitude
    t was not I who wrote ""Bigoted knobend” but wrote words requiring their construction into meaningful statement.
    The word knob means "a rounded lump or ball, especially at the end or on the surface of something”
    If one wishes to take the slang meaning, that is your choice. Perhaps should have used "ball end" or “big lump".. my apologies.
    However, no doubting you are a Richard !

You're really sh1te at being a smart @rse, really sh1te.

To be honest, I have no problem with being called a knobend or similar, I can be at times. It was your use of the word 'bigoted' that I take exception to as you have absolutely no basis for that whatsoever and if anything makes you sound a bit bigoted yourself to have such an extreme opinion.

It seems we were wrong about the £250k windfall....it's £365k! Roughly 12.5% of our turnover according to AB in this piece.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...ching-11029151

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    It seems we were wrong about the £250k windfall....it's £365k! Roughly 12.5% of our turnover according to AB in this piece.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...ching-11029151
    The Lawman will be choking on his corn flakes this morning when he reads Allan Burrows bit in the press........i apologise if you dont eat corn flakes....

Alan Burrows is entitled to his opinion, it's in his interests in his job role that we make money so he's hardly going to come out in the press and say that he hopes they get gubbed and he doesn't care about the money side of things is he? His position would be untenable if he did.

I however stand by my position that it's nothing for us to be celebrating.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)