+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Possible £250,000 into club funds?

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Alan Burrows is entitled to his opinion, it's in his interests in his job role that we make money so he's hardly going to come out in the press and say that he hopes they get gubbed and he doesn't care about the money side of things is he? His position would be untenable if he did.

I however stand by my position that it's nothing for us to be celebrating.
    Lawsteelman does that mean Alan Burrows does not have the club's best interest as using your logic in previous posts he must have a liking for Celtic!

As I said in my first post the money side of things I prefer to leave to those running the club to concern themselves over and Alan Burrows, as General Manager, falls into the category of "those running the club".

As a supporter and someone who is more concerned with what happens on the field then I don't see any reason to celebrate getting some crumbs from Celtic's banquet. It won't be invested in the team and we won't see it until the end of the season. I can't think why anyone would be happy to see Celtic sweep all before them giving us no chance whatsoever of competing for silverware as they bag treble after treble as they will do as they get richer and bigger. Don't you ever want to beat them again, or better still see us lift one of the domestic Cups?

Dearie, dearie me ! Only got 3 points to make on this thread;
    1. For our club (and all others in SPL - except Sevco obviously ) to get £365K for doing hee-haw is not to be sniffed at. Not exactly crumbs IMO.
    2. I believe there's no need for us to receive the dosh before the end of the season - from what I've read / heard, we're in a fairly decent place finance-wise for a change. This 'money in the bank' will no doubt be used to pay some funds back to Sir Les, but I don't think all of it will, so no rush to get it. As every other team's in the same boat no-one gains any advantage.
    3. Anyone who thinks our supporters don't want to beat Smelltic or Sevco ever again is frankly living on another planet. There's simply no better feeling for a true 'Well fan than to ram it right up either of those club's jacksies.

[QUOTE=sieb1886;38630783]Dearie, dearie me ! Only got 3 points to make on this thread;
    1. For our club (and all others in SPL - except Sevco obviously ) to get £365K for doing hee-haw is not to be sniffed at. Not exactly crumbs IMO.
    2. I believe there's no need for us to receive the dosh before the end of the season - from what I've read / heard, we're in a fairly decent place finance-wise for a change. This 'money in the bank' will no doubt be used to pay some funds back to Sir Les, but I don't think all of it will, so no rush to get it. As every other team's in the same boat no-one gains any advantage.
    3. Anyone who thinks our supporters don't want to beat Smelltic or Sevco ever again is frankly living on another planet. There's simply no better feeling for a true 'Well fan than to ram it right up either of those club's jacksies.[/QUOTE

F*** me....A sensible post on this thread......Am not having a go at the quality of you posts by the way Sieb....

I don't care if the money comes from Celtic ,rangers ,Motherwell or anyone else making progress in Europe. If it can help the club on and off the field then surely we can't be complaining about it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)