+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Edgbaston West Indies test - pink balls

Edgbaston West Indies test - pink balls

Opener Mark Stoneman will make his debut, the 12 th person to open with Cook, Tom Westley and Dawid Malan will hope to grab Ashes places

Jimmy looking for more to get 500 wickets and new pink balls to be used as the game will be day / night starting at 2.

England batting are 10 for 0 after one over.

108 for 2 now 27 overs

Cook and Root doing the rescue act ---yet again.

I used to watch England when IMO the 3 main opponents were Australia, South Africa and West Indies (now called Windies) Curtley Ambrose and Walsh used to frighten the life out of me let alone the batsman facing them.

Lately the Windies have been having a hard time, ask Michael Holding (whispering death) and he's not a happy bunny putting all the blame on those running them.

I started watching the first few overs but unfortunately it did not hold my attention.

Lunch at 4 seems weird!
    224-2 is good with Root getting another ton. Stoneman and Westley did little to help their Ashes hopes though.
    Cook on 87

Close 348-3 so it's looking good.
    Cook on 153 Malan on 28
    Root bowled for 136.

I would think pink balls are better than blue balls.

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post
    I would think pink balls are better than blue balls.

I suspect your balls will be blue for most of the year living in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I suspect your balls will be blue for most of the year living in Canada

Admittedly we do have our share of rather nippy weather, along with a plethora of snowfall on occasion. However to put that in perspective, typically we do have lovely warm (in NW England terms, too bloody hot) summers. That beats the h*ll out of constant rain in my book. Not to mention Canada is regularly rated as one of the top places to live in the world. If you’ve never been here, you’re doing yourself a disservice, it’s a great place to live, despite our neighbours south of the 49th parallel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)