+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fizzy Pop Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If they aren't saying this then it's just you then?
    No Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup, Dundee were mostly sh1t in it. What I would ask you guys, when did you last win the 2nd-tier of Scottish football, to really say you deserve to be in the top league? Coming 2nd has never been an option for my club, bar the nonsense of club 12. So when did your club last win the right to be in the top league, rather than go up by default?

Sirus is pished

Hiya buddy not fancy that stat

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Hiya buddy not fancy that stat
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...er-League.html surely to **** you're taking the piss yes?

No Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup, Dundee were mostly sh1t in it. What I would ask you guys, when did you last win the 2nd-tier of Scottish football, to really say you deserve to be in the top league? Coming 2nd has never been an option for my club, bar the nonsense of club 12. So when did your club last win the right to be in the top league, rather than go up by default?
    If a team wins a playoff they deserve to be promoted. Bet you're one of these funny folk that don't think United beat the fun in the league cup this season.

So, 'no Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup?' Are you seriously suggesting that Dundee FC have not deliberately and regularly sought relegation from the top tier in order to try and win some silverware, i.e. The Championship and its former names, as well as the beloved Fizzy? This goes all the way back to the late 70s. United on the other hand have only qualified for these Dundee FC winnable competitions, through the relegation process twice. The first time was a brief hiccup for a season when we never lost a goal throughout the whole tournament, losing out on penalties in the Final to Stenhousemuir. In Dundee FC understanding, that game was a draw and United are actually joint winners with Stennie! Second time round we won it outright and have a firm grasp on the jug handles. Hopefully this year will make us three times winners (In Dundee FC terms).

As has been stated by one erudite poster, winning the right to compete in the Premier league lies with both the outright winners of the Championship and those who gain entry by the play offs, etc. However, this is where the aural members have to be pinned back for maximum reception. The 'right to remain' in the Premier League rests with those teams who avoid the basement position (coincidentally where Dundee FC currently stand) and those who fail to remain via the playoffs. It is highly noteworthy that Dundee FC have regularly 'lost' the right to remain in the Premier League many times and seem determined to continue that pattern for this coming season. They are truly the Scottish Premier League's 'Dexiters,' ....basically opting for out when every other team wants to remain 'in.' They apparently have an abject aversion to Europe, preferring competitions they can attain some status in.

At the moment, United are winning the right to re-enter the Premier League, a right they lost two seasons ago.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 19-08-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    So, 'no Dundee fan cares about the lower leagues cup?' Are you seriously suggesting that Dundee FC have not deliberately and regularly sought relegation from the top tier in order to try and win some silverware, i.e. The Championship and its former names, as well as the beloved Fizzy? This goes all the way back to the late 70s. United on the other hand have only qualified for these Dundee FC winnable competitions, through the relegation process twice. The first time was a brief hiccup for a season when we never lost a goal throughout the whole tournament, losing out on penalties in the Final to Stenhousemuir. In Dundee FC understanding, that game was a draw and United are actually joint winners with Stennie! Second time round we won it outright and have a firm grasp on the jug handles. Hopefully this year will make us three times winners (In Dundee FC terms).

As has been stated by one erudite poster, winning the right to compete in the Premier league lies with both the outright winners of the Championship and those who gain entry by the play offs, etc. However, this is where the aural members have to be pinned back for maximum reception. The 'right to remain' in the Premier League rests with those teams who avoid the basement position (coincidentally where Dundee FC currently stand) and those who fail to remain via the playoffs. It is highly noteworthy that Dundee FC have regularly 'lost' the right to remain in the Premier League many times and seem determined to continue that pattern for this coming season. They are truly the Scottish Premier League's 'Dexiters,' ....basically opting for out when every other team wants to remain 'in.' They apparently have an abject aversion to Europe, preferring competitions they can attain some status in.

At the moment, United are winning the right to re-enter the Premier League, a right they lost two seasons ago.
    Good effort mate!

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Good effort mate!
    Smeds my dear friend, you could have used one word instead of three, i.e. 'Truth!'

Tis why they and their club are the fun. They do what it says on the tin! even in their moments of superiority.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)