+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans gone for £25m

If true it'll be 25m plus 5m. Take it I say. He's been a Rolls Royce of a defender bur it was only a matter of time before someone bigger and richer came in. Given his age and injury record (which will only get worse) it's time to sell big.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post
    If true it'll be 25m plus 5m. Take it I say. He's been a Rolls Royce of a defender bur it was only a matter of time before someone bigger and richer came in. Given his age and injury record (which will only get worse) it's time to sell big.
    Yes Lai will be licking his lips at this cash whilst eating crispy duck. Then Pulis will get 5 million of it or have to bring in a loan player! A club with no ambition and whose previous owner and current owner use it as a "cash cow" whilst the ones with tinted glasses blame the manager. You can't make it up.

If Evans goes the cronies who call themselves the Board will hear my voice at Accrington as there's no hiding place with 3,000 supporters at most!

No wonder Lai spent 10 grand approx on a free drink as a sweetener - he must think English supporters are thick!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Yes Lai will be licking his lips at this cash whilst eating crispy duck. Then Pulis will get 5 million of it or have to bring in a loan player! A club with no ambition and whose previous owner and current owner use it as a "cash cow" whilst the ones with tinted glasses blame the manager. You can't make it up.

If Evans goes the cronies who call themselves the Board will hear my voice at Accrington as there's no hiding place with 3,000 supporters at most!

No wonder Lai spent 10 grand approx on a free drink as a sweetener - he must think English supporters are thick!
    Those who criticise Pulis don't do so due to his signings, just about all of us also lay into the owners re spending. It's his approach to the game, the lack of desire to go for a win, to play football that we don't like.
    Were you a big fan of Pulis & his tactics when he was at Stoke?
    I agree that Pulis is the best man for keeping this ragbag of a club up, but the fan's are paying a hefty price, entertainment wise, to see him accomplish this.
    You'd be better off trying to grasp these facts rather than slating fellow fans.

Well said, Chris.
    Let's not slag him off, though, - he's going to the Accrington match (or so he's told us 1/2 dozen times).

Interesting, here's a sentence from an article when Arsenal were after him last year. "Arsenal have reportedly been told by West Bromwich Albion that they will have to pay £25m in order to sign defender Jonny Evans".
    I hope it falls through because this guy is hard to replace for many reasons, experience, composure, reading the game etc

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Accrington.........No wonder Lai spent 10 grand approx on a free drink as a sweetener
    See you at Accrington hopefully Al', my ticket for the terrace came through yesterday.

Unfortunately I cannot now make Burnley so the Mrs will be going along with my lad instead .

As for the free drink I didn't get one.

Stayed in the Sportsman a little longer than planned..... hic.

Bought my own bottle of fizzy piss as the queues for the bar were shorter.

All the best and hope to meet up on Tuesday.

COYB .

Apparently, City have been told that if they want to sign Evans they'll have to stump up £35 million. Is that going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Well said, Chris.
    Let's not slag him off, though, - he's going to the Accrington match (or so he's told us 1/2 dozen times).
    I don't know if he's mentioned it but he will be in the Cricket club at Burnley tomorrow?

How is the board going to hear his voice at Accrington amongst 3000 others?
    Be careful though if you slate Pulis he will dislike you and call you a nutter.

Back on topic
    Evans has gone it's just a question of when and how much. Looking like a £20m profit on him which is good business. And it looks like they're doubling his wage. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Back on topic
    Evans has gone it's just a question of when and how much. Looking like a £20m profit on him which is good business. And it looks like they're doubling his wage. Good luck to him.
    Yes money clubs win again.one down the road trying it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)