+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive game saturday

Massive game saturday

How many times have we said that? Massive for no, it's only Norwich and really this used to be a 3pt banker unfortunately Norwich are probably looking at this as a banker instead as we look like a ship without a captain and in disarray once again prime for an easy kill.
    It's a massive game for Bruce though! Look I actually respect the guy for what he has done in the game and thought he would make a difference but even if you go back to the 7 game unbeaten run he had when he joined how much of that was down to Luck?
    I really cannot think anymore without getting a migrane as to what is wrong down VP!!

Everything now seems to be in place so why are we performing as if Lambert was in charge? We have not moved forward one bit, I want our players to be fired up and angry smash Norwich for six but I cannot help seeing another disaster. A picture of Bruce with his potato in his hands and villa fans leaving VP in disgust. Hopefully and I don't care for Bruce's sake we get a Lucky1-0 win.
    Gabby? Bruce? Owner? Us the fans?

Just what is going wrong? I will be there and will hopefully cheer I never boo. As you know I moan a lot but at 52 I still live in hope of my beloved club being up there and proud to say I Am A Villa Fan.

Me too. Loads of respect to Bruce. He has got a lot out of a little in his career, but Villa is another animal. Players come here like top European players go to the United States for one last pay check. I was hoping Terry would be different but so far no inspiration from the captain.

Mate that's really disappointing to read in regards to Terry. Thought he may have been the spark and always good for a handful of goals too. Are you watching the games online ?

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    How many times have we said that? Massive for no, it's only Norwich and really this used to be a 3pt banker unfortunately Norwich are probably looking at this as a banker instead as we look like a ship without a captain and in disarray once again prime for an easy kill.
    It's a massive game for Bruce though! Look I actually respect the guy for what he has done in the game and thought he would make a difference but even if you go back to the 7 game unbeaten run he had when he joined how much of that was down to Luck?
    I really cannot think anymore without getting a migrane as to what is wrong down VP!!

Everything now seems to be in place so why are we performing as if Lambert was in charge? We have not moved forward one bit, I want our players to be fired up and angry smash Norwich for six but I cannot help seeing another disaster. A picture of Bruce with his potato in his hands and villa fans leaving VP in disgust. Hopefully and I don't care for Bruce's sake we get a Lucky1-0 win.
    Gabby? Bruce? Owner? Us the fans?

Just what is going wrong? I will be there and will hopefully cheer I never boo. As you know I moan a lot but at 52 I still live in hope of my beloved club being up there and proud to say I Am A Villa Fan.
    Have to agree with everything you've said here TD. It is indeed baffling why things aren't going better. As you say, everything looks like it's in place.

We keep getting linked with different players but to be quite honest I'm fed up with new arrivals. I just want SB and his team to get the best out of the players we already have. It should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Mate that's really disappointing to read in regards to Terry. Thought he may have been the spark and always good for a handful of goals too. Are you watching the games online ?
    . No. I saw part of the Reading game but that's it. I'm more talking about off the field. The press have been following everything he does. They follow him to Chelsea where he lifts them before the season ( didn't work) but when we lose at Cardiff then Reading not a squeak.

Massive game Saturday - for SB definitely, perhaps less so for AVFC.

No doubt we are missing the influence of the Jedi, and the confidence of JK, but we simply cannot throw all our eggs into the one basket. Either Bruce has lost the dressing room or the group cannot apply whatever it is he is asking them to do, maybe both - only hearing positive comments about O'Hare & Green.

Green would be great if he could finish.....or in the little I saw of the Reading game cross.

Green will get his first goal soon and that will be the start of great things for him I reckon

Hope so. He has been unlucky but crap, when are we gonna get some player that can score within his first 5 games for the club?

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Green will get his first goal soon and that will be the start of great things for him I reckon

Green needs to be protected not over exposed or we will kill his confidence! he at the minute should be only playing in the league cup and coming on with 30 mins to go maybe.

I have now resigned myself to the fact one of the top goal scorers in this league will be leaving and leaving us with Gabby and Bambi (Hogan) up front, they cannot score or stay fit. Just put down the ego and play MacCormack just behind Gabby with Elmo on the wing. He has not done enough in pre season so he won't be considered, like he was given a chance?

I just hope that tonight Bruce does not sleep well through thinking of that formation and tactics, maybe instead of coming out all guns blazing for 30 mins and then switching off, how about cooly without panic, stifle anything Norwich can throw at us, gain some confidence play passion football and bring our forwards into the game. A goal either side of the break then shut up shop. Take off a forward bring on Samba to shore up the defence collect the 3 pts and build on it, by that I mean pick the same team!

Big game, I'm trying not to think it is, well for me that is!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)