+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee - HOME - Aug 19 - Roll Call, Team Prediction, Match Thread, Just Back, A'thing

Would definitely have put Scotty Wright on for Christie today as we had zero width. Stewart made a big difference when he came on. And who the **** is Stevie May

Just Back ....

Who the f@ck is Stevie May?

Credit Dundee. I thought they were much improved from last season and made it tough for us. Very pleased to win the game after giving up the lead in such a poor manner.

Special mention to the much maligned central defence - Reynolds and O,Connor in particular, took care of business well.

9 points from 3 games. Happy Days. Get the beers in ...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    oot - wedding

prediction - 2-1 Dons

Team? hard to predict these days, but will say;

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
    Tansey Shinnie
    Christie McLean GMS
    May

Subs; Rogers, Arnason, Harvie, Stewart, Maynard, Rooney, Wright
    Wee bump & bit of "I told u so"

Full house;

I'm at a wedding
    Predicted the starting X1
    Predicted the score.
    (& I might add, the FGS)

Glad of the win. Was a poor affair though. Far too many off days.The whole midfield for example. Shinnies second touch was always a tackle. Christie and McLean were also poor

But a win when playi g so poor ia the sign of a good team.

Well done Stevie min

Well done Stewart when he came on. I actually thought he was our best player. Always looking for the ball and trying to make something happen

The soaking was brilliant. Absolutley drookit. Havent been like that in a while at Pittodrie.

Gary Mackay-Steven looked like Bertie Miller today. Months on the subs' bench picking up a wage seems to have robbed him of any fitba nous he ever had. He LOOKS like a TSMSTID player.
    A worry about Shay dropping in pain at the end.
    Christie let his error for TMSTID goal get to him and he had a poor second half.
    Stewart very effective when he came on.
    As McInnes said in the interview after the game, May is liable to score even when the team's performing below standard, and both goals were beauties.

We got away with that today.

Dundee actually played a decent game plan, they nullified GMS in the first half and were decent on the counter.

Thought OConnor had his best game in a Dons shirt.

Class came through in the end and Dundee had very little in the tank and I doubt their players will put in a bigger shift this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Gary Mackay-Steven looked like Bertie Miller today. Months on the subs' bench picking up a wage seems to have robbed him of any fitba nous he ever had. He LOOKS like a TSMSTID player.
    A worry about Shay dropping in pain at the end.
    Christie let his error for TMSTID goal get to him and he had a poor second half.
    Stewart very effective when he came on.
    As McInnes said in the interview after the game, May is liable to score even when the team's performing below standard, and both goals were beauties.

We got away with that today.
    Both goals were well taken in what was a pretty shaky performance overall from the team. Just before he scored the second, McInnes was about to substitute May - Rooney was standing waiting and the fourth official had the number board ready to go. Good job he waited another minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Just Back ....

Who the f@ck is Stevie May?

Credit Dundee. I thought they were much improved from last season and made it tough for us. Very pleased to win the game after giving up the lead in such a poor manner.

Special mention to the much maligned central defence - Reynolds and O,Connor in particular, took care of business well.

9 points from 3 games. Happy Days. Get the beers in ...
    Sorry, felt the entire defence were terrible today. Didn't win their individual battles and positionally were all over the place. I actually felt the dundee centre backs looked more confident than ours. As for Considine, blooming heck he was appalling and every team with a half decent right winger will rip him a new ar#ehole. He's getting slower if that's possible.

Midfield didn't really get going but thank goodness for a decent striker. That was the difference between the teams. 3 points is 3 points but we won't get away with a performance like that very often.

Aye we were sh1te today but we got away with it. Corporate entertainment today which was fcuking ACE. Met Joey, Russell, Leighton, Tattie and Stevie, Stevie May

May, he's the only boy we have who could have scored yon.

watched first half on alba considine slowness & reynolds passback (without looking) , almost cost us.

I would have replaced both. Why leave better players on the bench . If Arne is fit, play him , move shinnie back & add Wright .

Dundee were not to bad at back , but wasteful upfrontish.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast