+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee - HOME - Aug 19 - Roll Call, Team Prediction, Match Thread, Just Back, A'thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Sorry, felt the entire defence were terrible today. Didn't win their individual battles and positionally were all over the place. I actually felt the dundee centre backs looked more confident than ours. As for Considine, blooming heck he was appalling and every team with a half decent right winger will rip him a new ar#ehole. He's getting slower if that's possible.

Midfield didn't really get going but thank goodness for a decent striker. That was the difference between the teams. 3 points is 3 points but we won't get away with a performance like that very often.

Managed to watch all the 2nd half on ALBA, to echo the majority ... O'Connor looked decent, Logan & Lewis did nothing wrong so bit harsh on the defence.

Stewart looked very good, tidy with the ball. Bad day for Christie who didn't look at the races even before he gave the ball away which led to the goal. Yes we all know considine is the weak link. Average performances by most, but a win is a win.

3 points and onto next week, some big performances required from some if he keeps same starting XI next week.

Stand Free

Forgot to mention. Beaten at his near post is bad enough but to be nutmegged too makes it a hell of a a lot worse. Poor goal to lose. Christies mistake didn't help though,

Ach well a wins 3 points no matter how we get them

well that was 3 points of which 2 were a bonus.Bad day at the office for a few of our players and generally slack play could have cost us.We gave the ball away far too cheaply and Dundee may well feel that they should have got something from the game. I'm not sure if the downpours and very wet pitch affected the flair players but it just wasn't clicking . Still ,Stevie May makes a fantastic home debut,Rooney is back and maximum points in the league thus far. I noted that Shay came off pitch is a bit of pain ,has there been any update on the injury ? Hopefully nothing serious and he's back in his rightful spot at next game

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    well that was 3 points of which 2 were a bonus.Bad day at the office for a few of our players and generally slack play could have cost us.We gave the ball away far too cheaply and Dundee may well feel that they should have got something from the game. I'm not sure if the downpours and very wet pitch affected the flair players but it just wasn't clicking . Still ,Stevie May makes a fantastic home debut,Rooney is back and maximum points in the league thus far. I noted that Shay came off pitch is a bit of pain ,has there been any update on the injury ? Hopefully nothing serious and he's back in his rightful spot at next game
    Shay was a funny one as it looked like he jogged a couple of steps backwards then keeled over right on the final whistle. Nobody around him

Would someone please tell Shay that light blue boots (yes like strips) are unacceptable.

Shinnie was very poor today as was McLean until he went deep when Tansey went off. Maybe now is the time to take Shinnie back to left back and play McLean and Tansey as the holding midfielders.

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Arnason Shinnie
    Tansey McLean
    Stewart Christie Wright/GMS
    May

IMO that would be our strongest XI. Too often this season, McLean and Christie go for the same ball/run/space. Tansey and McLean holding would allow the more forward players to play, whilst also having Shinnie marauding from the back to help GMS/Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Shinnie was very poor today as was McLean until he went deep when Tansey went off. Maybe now is the time to take Shinnie back to left back and play McLean and Tansey as the holding midfielders.

Lewis
    Logan O'Connor Arnason Shinnie
    Tansey McLean
    Stewart Christie Wright/GMS
    May

IMO that would be our strongest XI. Too often this season, McLean and Christie go for the same ball/run/space. Tansey and McLean holding would allow the more forward players to play, whilst also having Shinnie marauding from the back to help GMS/Wright.
    That would be my team apart from Arnason. I would put Considine in there.

‘In Stevie We Trust’

Just watched it on redtv, 2 cracking goals there! The 2nd was a beezer!

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    this is the obvious team to try out. The reason DM doesn't is because Shinnie can get things going in MF and his ability to cover so much ground. Considine is a slower Shaughnessy. Loads of times he was in a perfect position to drive forward with the ball and he either wasted it or passed back or across.

Watched Considine being interviewed on Redtv and he was unsure whether this team is better than last seasons. Well i know one change that would make it a better team. It is now time for DM to act as if i were the opposition I would attack us down the flank all day long with a nippy right winger, crossing into a centre forward or centre midfield. Even balls over the top, we are terrible at defending. I would also try Considine as a centre back in a game.

We are going to get ripped apart in defence by the likes of celtic, hibs, hearts, st johnstone and even the likes of Sevco unless we get it sorted. The weaknesses we had in the team last season have not gone away.

I would also like to get more mobility upfront with Stewart, Christie and Wright popping up on different places like mcginn and hayes. GMS was well marked. When that happened to Hayes, he went to the other side of the park. Stewart could swap with him, no problem. Think Wright may be more versatile a player for us than GMS.

Tansey or Jack? For me definitely Tansey.

i did not understand why we put on rooney instead of wright yesterday. Rooney may have been a fantastic servant but i cannot see him playing much this season as for me he has now dropped down to 3rd choice centre forward to start a game. I think maynard is needing a couple goals and he will come good and could play well as part of a top two with May when required. Oh, and a centre forward that actually scored a goal! I get the feeling that May is the type of centre forward DM has been trying to sign since he arrived and failed every time.. He now has him and he could be a great great signing. Wish we had him in for the European games.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast