+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dundee - HOME - Aug 19 - Roll Call, Team Prediction, Match Thread, Just Back, A'thing

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not sure what Considine did wrong for their goal. Stupid pass back that opened us up, Considine forced him wife and therefore he should never have scored from there.
    Watched the highlights last night and totally agree with this. Considine did what he was meant to do and forced the player wide. As much as we have a top keeper in Lewis he has to carry the can for losing a goal at his near post. And also WTF was that pass from Christie all about!!!!!!

Aye, the goal's on Christie and Lewis. Affa harsh to land that one on Consi.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Aye, the goal's on Christie and Lewis. Affa harsh to land that one on Consi.
    It should never have went in whether the mistake from Christie or not. A rare calamity from Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was looking at him when it happened. It was a freak one. Unless he picked it up earlier and battled on then gave up at FT. But the nearest player was over 10 yards away easily
    That's how I recall it.
    He took a knock and played on till the final whistle.

Any news on the seriousness?

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    we need a new song for S May
    I'm never that good with these things.
    I do like keeping the one we do have for him.

Else, how about something like.....

Oh we've signed Stevie May
    He scores at least one or two.
    It's such a perfect day.
    He just keeps us winning more.
    He just keeps us winning more.

Not an uplifting tune though

There'a song in here somewye ....
    Hooray, horray, its a goal for Stevie May
    ... blah blah blah, blah blah blah ...
    Stevie, Stevie May. ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJkrA6DtDgQ

.... edit'

Hooray, horray, its a goal for Stevie May
    He's 83
    But he's standin free ...
    Stevie, Stevie May.
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 21-08-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not sure what Considine did wrong for their goal. Stupid pass back that opened us up, Considine forced him wife and therefore he should never have scored from there.
    Absolutely stupid pass from Christie and Lewis should definitely have saved it. But Considine should also not have let the ball come across. It has been a common problem this season with dangerous crosses coming in from that wing. Think to earlier on Saturday when Haber hit the bar from a cross, the Hamilton game at home when their guy missed a sitter from a cross, the goal the Cypriots scored at Pittodrie in the few games we have played so far.

No-one is immune to a bad game (Shinnie was very poor on Saturday for example), but Andy's lack of pace is being seized upon by other teams, especially with no Hayes to double up in defence.

I like Andy, and he gives 100% every game. I just think he is becoming a liability, especially when Shinnie/Harvey could play there.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Absolutely stupid pass from Christie and Lewis should definitely have saved it. But Considine should also not have let the ball come across. It has been a common problem this season with dangerous crosses coming in from that wing. Think to earlier on Saturday when Haber hit the bar from a cross, the Hamilton game at home when their guy missed a sitter from a cross, the goal the Cypriots scored at Pittodrie in the few games we have played so far.

No-one is immune to a bad game (Shinnie was very poor on Saturday for example), but Andy's lack of pace is being seized upon by other teams, especially with no Hayes to double up in defence.

I like Andy, and he gives 100% every game. I just think he is becoming a liability, especially when Shinnie/Harvey could play there.
    Should not have let the ball come across? That's really scraping the barrel in the all out attack of Considine. I'm well aware as everyone else is of his limitations but he is not at fault for that goal. To suggest otherwise is mental.

I wouldn't say Considine was at fault for their goal but the boy Deacon who scored was too quick for him the whole game and put in some dangerous crosses.Another day a team with a fast winger will put away their chances.

I think everyone sees this a weakness in our team yet McInnes keeps playing him at left back.

It was a poor goal to lose & by the look of it, the whole team weren't great but after spending 20 years of playing shyte & losing, I'm just happy with the win.

It's best to save these discussions for when we get pumped. They're more fun

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast