+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dundee - HOME - Aug 19 - Roll Call, Team Prediction, Match Thread, Just Back, A'thing

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I wouldn't say Considine was at fault for their goal but the boy Deacon who scored was too quick for him the whole game and put in some dangerous crosses.Another day a team with a fast winger will put away their chances.

I think everyone sees this a weakness in our team yet McInnes keeps playing him at left back.
    But it wasn't another day and he only scored because he was gifted a goal. I'm sure it'll be different against Celtic but that's not Considine's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    But it wasn't another day and he only scored because he was gifted a goal. I'm sure it'll be different against Celtic but that's not Considine's fault.
    I know it's not his fault but that still doesn't get away from the fact his lack of pace is a weakness in the team.

But if it doesn't bother you there is no point in moaning when we get beat by Celtic because one of their players has torn him to shreds.

I know it's not his fault but that still doesn't get away from the fact his lack of pace is a weakness in the team.

But if it doesn't bother you there is no point in moaning when we get beat by Celtic because one of their players has torn him to shreds.

I won't be moaning about it, I fully expect it. I also don't think we will get beat by Celtic because of Considine's pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I won't be moaning about it, I fully expect it. I also don't think we will get beat by Celtic because of Considine's pace.
    Considine pace won't be the only reason but certainly will be one I would expect.

Considine pace won't be the only reason but certainly will be one I would expect.
    It's not Celtic I am worried about, it is the likes to St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs and even Sevco. If Dundee are able to expose his shortcomings, what about opposition that have not lost their first three games.

They will put a fast midfielder/winger against Considine and they will get crosses in. He will be beaten for pace. Going forward, I do not see where his threat is. Against Celtic, it could get embarrassing.

And as for the goal, he was beaten for pace. It's not his fault that he was put in that position, but when the shot came in Considine was nowhere near the boy. And as has been said before, it is happening all the time this season. With Hayes away, it has got worse. Hayes had pace and could snuff out attacks.

It is pretty clear we have a weakness on the left hand side of defence. We will lose/draw games because of it against sides that we expect to beat this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    It's not Celtic I am worried about, it is the likes to St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs and even Sevco. If Dundee are able to expose his shortcomings, what about opposition that have not lost their first three games.

They will put a fast midfielder/winger against Considine and they will get crosses in. He will be beaten for pace. Going forward, I do not see where his threat is. Against Celtic, it could get embarrassing.

And as for the goal, he was beaten for pace. It's not his fault that he was put in that position, but when the shot came in Considine was nowhere near the boy. And as has been said before, it is happening all the time this season. With Hayes away, it has got worse. Hayes had pace and could snuff out attacks.

It is pretty clear we have a weakness on the left hand side of defence. We will lose/draw games because of it against sides that we expect to beat this season.
    I agree, this particular joke has gone on long enough. Its not as if Shinnie is pulling up trees in centre mid this season so I'd shunt him back to his position of trade at left back. Yeah you will lose his effectiveness when on form in centre mid but not as much as you miss his effectiveness at left back.

Or, we swap Consi and Reynolds round, out of the box thought

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast