+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Barcelona Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I think we now know why he Google's and does the old cut and paste trick. His command of the language is extremely poor as can be seen with all the spelling mistakes and misplaced metaphors (I'm being generous to call them metaphors). That's why he copies the press reports wholesale.
    And thus when I created the topic and didn't actually go into the details whilst making a reference to the Blaugrana, his poor command made him think I was referring to Messrs Suarez and Messi.

Of course there could be a simpler answer - he's just plain stupid.
    Actually I could just write the whole thing out but then again that would take some time and someone will go and moan about it, then even if I do share they moan about it then so looks like you like a good moan. You just like a moan for the sake of it I should call you moaning myrtle from now on.

Messrs Suarez who is that never heard of him seems like your talking about someone else there or is that your spelling pronunciation gone wrong I think I go with option 2. Looks like you talks yourself into a comer on this one and hit yourself in the back. ��

R4j. Thanks for your reply knew you wouldn't swear wonder why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Messrs Suarez who is that never heard of him seems like your talking about someone else there or is that your spelling pronunciation gone wrong I think I go with option 2. Looks like you talks yourself into a comer on this one and hit yourself in the back. ��
    OK now this is comedic genus - or is it sheer stupidity? Messrs is, in effect, the plural of Mr, R4J. It is not a mis-spelling of Messi !! It is the conventional way to refer to two or more men, has been used in that context and is spelled entirely correctly.

Let me help you with this with an example you might understand. Derby were once managed by Messrs Clough and Taylor.

Or: more in your era, "In the Night Garden" features Messrs Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka.

So, back to the original question posed by the Rat - are you a comic genius or a ****ing idiot. I think I know now after your performance over the last 12 hours
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 18-08-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Dear oh dear. This has to be a classic and should be saved for posterity.

Refers to two or more men right....so you basically just created a new human being that has become merged with Messi and Suarez got to laugh at that idea. ��

Maybe we all need to move on and show a degree of the dignity that was shown in Spain this morning.

Refers to two or more men right....so you basically just created a new human being that has become merged with Messi and Suarez got to laugh at that idea. ��
    WTF are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Maybe we all need to move on and show a degree of the dignity that was shown in Spain this morning.
    Likewise.....

To be fair I hadn't heard anything until this morning and reading the title and first post its easy to think it was on the subject of Barcelona's FC ..... especially as this is a football forum!

There's been no repugnant comments made after it was cleared up it was about something else on the subject.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)