+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: O/T Barcelona Attack

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Htf can you conclude that people owe him an apology...especially after posts 5 and 8.
    I think that is the single most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum and that takes some doing!
    Understand your desire to stand up for the weakest and least able Rats, but this time you're wrong and just confirm what I've thought for a while...the lunatics really are taking over the asylum!
    You're right about two things though...'you reap what you sow' - sometimes - and Roger will, I suspect, be the first of many to leave if this continues...I also agree...'this is a clear example of how some wouldn't make good moderates!' (sic). You banned one mod earlier in the week. Maybe after this fiasco you should consider your own position.
    Joke moderator in what has become a joke board. Bye x

And goodbye from me let the lunatic talk to himself

I have seldom seen eye to eye with Mistaram. And even found his claim to be an ex Prem player ridiculous. But he's the kind of poster this board should strive to keep or at the very least listen to.
    Surely it can't be that several of your posters - I count around 7, might be more. Surely if 7 say basically the same thing about a poster, you've gotta at least sense there's something wrong.
    And not all of them have had the back and forth that say Roger or Swale has with him.
    Some of them basically ignore him for the most part.

And it's not ganging up or bullying. If they wanted to gang up, myself or TTR would be better targets as rival fans. Not 1 of their own.

Yes I accept your point that he's not actually guilty of everything thrown at him. But there are several instances where he has.
    Even the sweat filter which I remember you warning users in the past not to attempt to bypass. He does this repeatedly.

Yet there's hardly an admonishment from you to him. You could even speak to him on PM since this is now available.
    Yet you ignore all this, refuse to listen to your own fans and members and instead warn these people of their conduct.

Puzzling is an understatement.

Being the board's mod is not your right. This is not a life peerage. You act with the consent of the majority of your members.
    Not to impose your own preferences over their wishes. At the very least you should acknowledge their grievances instead of dismissing them with your own reasons or preferences.

If you think you can't do this - serve the majority view of your members, I think the gentlemanly thing to do is to consider your own position. You have said you've been 1 for 10 years. Maybe it's time to pass it on to someone else. I think Andy would be an excellent successor.

Again I repeat I'm not calling for him to be banned outright. A yellow would suffice. If there are no yellows then a ban for a limited period say 3 to 6 days.
    Or simply warn him and delete posts which are not suitable or relevant.

Face it, what has your's and Bloomers's attempt to entice new members achieved? Exactly how many new users have joined?
    And how many have left and are threatening to leave. I count around 4 to 5 already.
    In order to protect 1 member, you're prepared to sacrifice 5 or more?
    Is this logical?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think you're wrong and ill-informed on that Rats, but hey this is a football forum
    Seems to me that Rattea, for once, is right. The majority of Muslim people are decent. Unfortunately the West's constant interference in the Middle-East (and elsewhere) breeds hate and has created the rise of fanaticism. Ironically the West supports the nation most responsible for the rise in terrorism and unrest in the ME; Saudi Arabia.

I don't agree with Rattea's stance on R4J, who in the past would have received warnings about his spamming and his behaviour. If those warnings had been made I don't think we would arguing about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    Seems to me that Rattea, for once, is right. The majority of Muslim people are decent. Unfortunately the West's constant interference in the Middle-East (and elsewhere) breeds hate and has created the rise of fanaticism. Ironically the West supports the nation most responsible for the rise in terrorism and unrest in the ME; Saudi Arabia.

I don't agree with Rattea's stance on R4J, who in the past would have received warnings about his spamming and his behaviour. If those warnings had been made I don't think we would arguing about it now.
    Agree with everything

So I have spent the morning thinking about what to say in my 5898th and final post across some 10 years.

As a well known Christian (no offence Andy) I think I shall, like our saviour Jesus Christ end with a parable.

In my leafy suburban town there is a precinct which has both a Costa coffee shop and a small independent coffee shop that always made good coffee and had a nice range of food. I always frequented the latter. It was "a little goldmine" financially - always full.

A couple of years ago a "care in the community" establishment opened which dealt with, primarily, Tourettes Syndrome sufferers.

A couple of these guys started to come to the coffee shop on Saturday mornings and were welcomed by the owners, the staff and the customers who offered to help the guys in their new environment.

Inevitably though the guys could not control their behaviour and some people complained at the swearing - particularly mothers with young children. The coffee shop owners felt unable to do anything and certainly did not want to ban them.

Slowly two things happened - customers began to drift away: the mothers group moved their meetingpoint to Costa and the 2 guys grew in self confidence (which was good) but at the same time their behaviour deteriorated and they became aggressive.

The coffee shop owners did nothing to deal with this problem and matters got worse. What once was a thriving business suffered. The two guys would sit there all day nursing one cup of coffee.

This morning I went into the precinct. The coffee shop had closed down and a notice on the door gave details of the liquidators. The two guys were stood outside wondering whete to go. Across the square thete was a queue coming out of the door to Costa.

The moral: I will leave that for you to decide. Good luck with that and I'll see you all in Costa soon.

Seems like you have a choice to make Rats. Can it be that posters of the quality and longevity of Roger, Rob the Ram, mista and KCG can all be wrong, while you and you know who are always right? I'd spend a minute or two thinking about that one, otherwise this board is finished and that's not a threat, it's just a very sad observation.
    Romanis is, imo, absolutely spot on...a 'yellow' sometime ago - and certainly yesterday - would have sufficed but your inconsistency is such that you'll ban Tricky (quite correctly imo) straight away for an offensive comment but give R4J licence to offend time and time again. Also agree with Romanis about Andy...assuming he'd be daft enough to do it...with Ramondo no longer contributing and Bloomer like a fair but absentee 'landlord' the board needs a moderator who is a) present, b) in touch and c) fair. That way the three who have walked away...along with others...might just be tempted back and others encouraged not to follow their lead.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-08-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seems like you have a choice to make Rats. Can it be that posters of the quality and longevity of Roger, Rob the Ram, mista and KCG can all be wrong, while you and you know who are always right? I'd spend a minute or two thinking about that one, otherwise this board is finished and that's not a threat, it's just a very sad observation.
    Romanis is, imo, absolutely spot on...a 'yellow' sometime ago - and certainly yesterday - would have sufficed but your inconsistency is such that you'll ban Tricky (quite correctly imo) straight away for an offensive comment but give R4J licence to offend time and time again. Also agree with Romanis about Andy...assuming he'd be daft enough to do it...with Ramondo no longer contributing and Bloomer like a fair but absentee 'landlord' the board needs a moderator who is a) present, b) in touch and c) fair. That way the three who have walked away...along with others...might just be tempted back and others encouraged not to follow their lead.
    I don't want to be part of anything that pushes Rattea out of the way sorry. But if you think there's value in an extra set of of eyes and ears, well I've done it before on a message board that was jam packed with testosterone fuelled heavy metal fans and believe me the behaviour on here hasn't reached 3 on a 10 scale compared to that plague pit. Somehow I earned a bit of respect from the posters there (ie they all hated me equally), willing to have a pop here if it would help. If I'd been a mod yesterday R4J would have got a *******ing and a day in the sin bin and we wouldn't even be having this discussion, but I'm not going to criticise Rattea because its a **** job

Well Rattea (I've omitted my infantile reference)?
    Extra pair of eyes, should assist you to do an even better job.
    And then hopefully we can persuade the Brexiters to Remain.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)