+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O/T Barcelona Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I don't want to be part of anything that pushes Rattea out of the way sorry. But if you think there's value in an extra set of of eyes and ears, well I've done it before on a message board that was jam packed with testosterone fuelled heavy metal fans and believe me the behaviour on here hasn't reached 3 on a 10 scale compared to that plague pit. Somehow I earned a bit of respect from the posters there (ie they all hated me equally), willing to have a pop here if it would help. If I'd been a mod yesterday R4J would have got a *******ing and a day in the sin bin and we wouldn't even be having this discussion, but I'm not going to criticise Rattea because its a **** job
    That, imo, is exactly why you should do the job. Utterly fair. Another 'pair of eyes' is, again imo, what is needed and your idea of 'punishment' entirely appropriate. It is a '****' job, fully accept that and, to an extent, I sympathise with Rats, but maybe if you take on the role vacated by those who no longer appear present then those - to me - valued posters who have left today will return and the forum's future preserved.

Three completely neutral sets of eyes have looked at it and all have come to the same conclusion and they are not what you want. None of these have been aware of the campaign against a specific poster. But all have mentioned pack mentality and bullying. Which is exactly what has been suffocating the board. As far as I am concerned the issue is closed.

So on topic I wonder of those that fear and slate Islam how many could actually hold a conversation about what it actually is about? I'd wager none. I don't believe in anything but looking at the most common religions Islam, if you take the time, act makes the most sense. And that shocked me.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    Seems to me that Rattea, for once, is right. The majority of Muslim people are decent. Unfortunately the West's constant interference in the Middle-East (and elsewhere) breeds hate and has created the rise of fanaticism. Ironically the West supports the nation most responsible for the rise in terrorism and unrest in the ME; Saudi Arabia.

I don't agree with Rattea's stance on R4J, who in the past would have received warnings about his spamming and his behaviour. If those warnings had been made I don't think we would arguing about it now.
    Spamming right and what behaviour, the only spamming and behaviour has been by you and the rest of the RamJet brigade that have an agenda against me since I first joined the forum. Talk out of your own ars* which doesn't surprise me in the slightest and therefore leads to one thing only and that's straight on the ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post

So on topic I wonder of those that fear and slate Islam how many could actually hold a conversation about what it actually is about? I'd wager none. I don't believe in anything but looking at the most common religions Islam, if you take the time, act makes the most sense. And that shocked me.
    I'm up for it Rats but I think it would bore everyone, this is a footy board

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That, imo, is exactly why you should do the job. Utterly fair. Another 'pair of eyes' is, again imo, what is needed and your idea of 'punishment' entirely appropriate. It is a '****' job, fully accept that and, to an extent, I sympathise with Rats, but maybe if you take on the role vacated by those who no longer appear present then those - to me - valued posters who have left today will return and the forum's future preserved.
    Why sympathise with Rattea Anag?
    He ain't doing his job in my eyes.
    The non condemnation of "you know who's" posts allowed them to become more and more rude, distasteful and something I don't want my kids to read. When raised by me (I hope in a positive way), all I got was be careful what you wish for and again, absolutely no criticism of what was getting under reasonable posters skin.
    The non action has led to posters (new and old alike) to react to the incitement in increasing numbers and increasing volatility.
    That then gets pounced on by our so called fair mod as bullying.
    If the teacher doesn't stop the unruly child from being rude and nasty to the class, it's his fault if the class decide to try and sort it themselves.
    I had great respect for Rattea and agreed with much of his stance in ongoing discussions, especially on money being spent, Clough etc.
    But now he just ignores the disruptive one and repeats the bullying ****e.
    His fault it's got this far.
    I continue to read the board looking to see how far the Rattea chosen one has to go before he gets a wrap on the knuckles.
    Joke mod on a joke board!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    Why sympathise with Rattea Anag?
    He ain't doing his job in my eyes.
    The non condemnation of "you know who's" posts allowed them to become more and more rude, distasteful and something I don't want my kids to read. When raised by me (I hope in a positive way), all I got was be careful what you wish for and again, absolutely no criticism of what was getting under reasonable posters skin.
    The non action has led to posters (new and old alike) to react to the incitement in increasing numbers and increasing volatility.
    That then gets pounced on by our so called fair mod as bullying.
    If the teacher doesn't stop the unruly child from being rude and nasty to the class, it's his fault if the class decide to try and sort it themselves.
    I had great respect for Rattea and agreed with much of his stance in ongoing discussions, especially on money being spent, Clough etc.
    But now he just ignores the disruptive one and repeats the bullying ****e.
    His fault it's got this far.
    I continue to read the board looking to see how far the Rattea chosen one has to go before he gets a wrap on the knuckles.
    Joke mod on a joke board!
    I did say 'to an extent' Rob. I think it's a thankless task and there are two sides to every argument but I also think he's wrong and I've said so on the 'Dear Rats' thread. Another - additional or replacement (I don't care) - mod is needed imo. Andy has been suggested and, again imo, he'd be an excellent choice. I hope that happens...can't see why not...and that if it does then you, Roger and mista will have sufficient confidence in how the board is 'managed' to feel able to return.
    P.S. Agree with your classroom analogy as I did with Roger's 'coffee shop' one yesterday.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-08-2017 at 05:06 PM.

In my opinion, Rob, you have very succinctly placed your viewpoint in this matter!! Intelligent, non-aggressive and non-abusive!! Unfortunately, one has to feel that hidden agenda's will totally ignore such common sense!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    In my opinion, Rob, you have very succinctly placed your viewpoint in this matter!! Intelligent, non-aggressive and non-abusive!! Unfortunately, one has to feel that hidden agenda's will totally ignore such common sense!
    I agree, and seeing as my other two threads on this subject have been closed down - no Rats I haven't opened another so this is not spam - I will, against all my natural instincts, be following Romanis' advice.

Closing this as its just posters abusing other posters.

EDIT: RamAnag you need to clear your inbox if you want to receive and send messages.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)