+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have the board actually spent any money yet??

Lots to factor on in.

Just as we would not have received all the Hayes money up front, likewise we would not have paid the May money in a oner. Maybe the GMS fee would have been offset.
    All the players coming in would have received a signing on fee.
    VAT has a big effect on football club finances.

Unless you are "in the know", we will never fully understand the machinations of a football clubs' finances.

Debate and challenge is always healthy, but I doubt we will ever know.

Derek in the P&J today saying he has now spent his budget, so I guess that is it.

Wait until the next set of accounts come out, then we'll see where all the money went.

If our manager confirms he has spent the money I have no reason to doubt him

I can't remember a better transfer window for us for a very long time

Its not often we can lose the likes of Hayes and McGinn and arguably say we now have a stronger team now than we did last season

Defo a much stronger looking squad anyway

Happy days

COYR

I can't believe people are questioning where the money went. Paying actual money for players and having two of our best players sign extended deals seems decent enough to me.

Yeah I think its a bit harsh, years and years have gone by when we relied on the dregs of the diddy English leagues on frees or loans.

Plus there's a stadium to pay for...probably the last season we will have signing players for actual money.

Jesus ƒucking christ, some of you lot need to get a life and remember were all on the same side.COYR
    No wonder this place is like a ƒucking morgue.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    Jesus ƒucking christ, some of you lot need to get a life and remember were all on the same side.COYR
    No wonder this place is like a ƒucking morgue.

To be fair DVII, don't think anyone is actually complaining, more questioning. Pretty sure all of us are happy with the way the squad has evolved.

Given how the squad has shaped up after a major exodus and the fact we have potentially bettered our squad from last season, I don't think we can point any fingers at the board (I'm no Milne sympathiser by any stretch). With the players in and the extensions handed out I doubt we could have done much better and been reasonably careful with the money from the Jonnythehorriblehobbitpig transfer. The fee received has gone a lot further than I would have expected. We are not a spending club and I would say its been an excellent window with 3 players signed for money, Maynard, Arnie, May and GMS would be on good money and would also have been given a decent signing on fee each.

We are not going to be signing w@nk city rejects for a fortune or random who are you Colombians from Finland for money. We are not in a position to be splashing loads of cash

I don't know what some folks expectations are.

As usual there is too much moaning on here, the transfer window has turned out better than I expected. It would be even better if we got rid of the donkey Stockley.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast