+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have the board actually spent any money yet??

Have the board actually spent any money yet??

IN
    Victims CL Group Stage Qualification Bonus : £260,000
    Europa League Bonus £416,000
    Johnny Hayes £1.3m
    Miles Storey £1.99

Thats a combined total income of just under £2m.

Now call me cynical, but if you add this to the new shirt sales (& May 83 added sales), and season tickets of 11,000, AFC have taken in a fair chunk of cash this summer.

DM talked about the amazing support from the board to get the new squad in....have they actually spent any money at all that they had before all this came in? Thats what backing and support would mean to me.

or has it all gone to Aurora and her invisible PR mascot Sir Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    IN
    Victims CL Group Stage Qualification Bonus : £260,000
    Europa League Bonus £416,000
    Johnny Hayes £1.3m
    Miles Storey £1.99

Thats a combined total income of just under £2m.

Now call me cynical, but if you add this to the new shirt sales (& May 83 added sales), and season tickets of 11,000, AFC have taken in a fair chunk of cash this summer.

DM talked about the amazing support from the board to get the new squad in....have they actually spent any money at all that they had before all this came in? Thats what backing and support would mean to me.

or has it all gone to Aurora and her invisible PR mascot Sir Alex?
    Id be surprised if the europa league money has been paid yet,dont know how long it takes to come to us,but seeing as we got papped out 2wks ago cant see us getting it now and as the victims only won last nite and they're not through yet officially then obviously that money aint through yet? Call me stupid but i think it will be a few weeks/months before we see any european cash head our way so maybe you're being cynical aye
    Last edited by nice1simmy; 17-08-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Id be surprised if the europa league money has been paid yet,dont know how long it takes to come to us,but seeing as we got papped out 2wks ago cant see us getting it now and as the victims only won last nite and they're not through yet officially then obviously that money aint through yet? Call me stupid but i think it will be a few weeks/months before we see any european cash head our way so maybe you're being cynical aye
    European League cash will be docked with what they decide to fine us hearing was yesterday which was to late to ban Apollin from the competition

your missing my point....thats like having a tenner in your pocket knowing knowing you won 10 in the lottery last night, giving 10 quid to your daughter and then going to collect your winnings.

end result is you didnt spend any money.

If the board want to really back DM, surely they should be spending above the money they got extra, not just moving money around.

I'd imagine that last season would have been fairly profitable with runs to 2 sold-out Hampden finals.

That said I'm happy for us to live within our means, it's not long since we were nudging towards £10M in debt and spending in the region of 750k per annum on debt interest, you only have to look at der Hun to see what effect spending beyond your means can have.

Del has been prudent with some shrewd loan moves for guys who are beyond our budget to buy outright and new deals for players, I'm sure as a result that our wage budget has increased this season compared to last. We've got some good young players pushing for first team places now and that should always be the blueprint for a club like ours who can't compete financially with the ugly sisters.

New contracts for Lewis and Logan will be part of that spending as well.

According to DM during his various interviews, the board have pretty much spent the income from Johnny moving this summer.

I would be surprised if there was much left from that. And any Euro money wont count yet. I would be surprised if the clubs see any of that before xmas.

Edit: Also, new contracts for DM and Doc, so thats probably another chunk of money spent. How much we will never know.

The club will only get about 10% of shirt sales. Most will go to the manufacturer.

Yes and we've had to fork out for 2 private aircraft with crew which isn't cheap.

The money for Hayes will be long gona covering new contracts as well as GMS and May.

Ok so with all that considered, what happened to this years normal football budget?
    if all we have spent is the money we made that we dont normally make, where is the rest.

Cormack also investing which I forgot to include.

Milne with holes in his pocket again i think

We've forked out 300k on May, 90k? on GMS. Wages on those 2, wages for other new signings, did we not have to pay a bit out for Arny? new contracts for Logan, Lewis and whoever i've missed.

We've spent a good bit this summer.

Edit: and we've just been fined, though only 9100. Appollon were fined 25k.
    Last edited by andoplzcumbak; 18-08-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast