+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First Half

First Half

Some people may find these stats interesting, others may not.

In our 19 PL home games, only one away team came off leading at half time, that was Manchester United. We were leading in 6 games, the other 12 were half time draws, 9 of them 0-0. Only 5 of the 19 away teams managed to score a goal against us in the first half, United, City, Chelsea, Bournemouth and West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Some people may find these stats interesting, others may not.

In our 19 PL home games, only one away team came off leading at half time, that was Manchester United. We were leading in 6 games, the other 12 were half time draws, 9 of them 0-0. Only 5 of the 19 away teams managed to score a goal against us in the first half, United, City, Chelsea, Bournemouth and West Ham.
    Very Interesting, I hope that continues, but what about the second half - that's usually the scary bit - like last week.

Great piece of research . Better than the many useless stats you find these days.

Let's hope for a repeat this season.

I hope it's not useless donz, I'm going to start backing a 0-0 HT scoreline this season, see if I can make any money on that. I'm hopeful, I always thought Sean walked off at half time with an extra spring in his step when it was 0-0, just like that was part of his plan, and it was first half mission accomplished, now we'll have them in the 2nd half.

When I get the chance I'll check the outcome of the 0-0 games, see if my theory is correct.

We are a lot better this season.

2-0 to us at HT tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are a lot better this season.

2-0 to us at HT tomorrow.
    I think we are BT, but Sean won't change, 0-0 HT, that'll still be the plan.........probably.

we have never the Albion in the PL home or away so far and that run will continue on Saturday....

That cannot be denied but we have come close in the 2 home games.

They are a bogey team but there has never been a better time to play them.

I'm going on and know like the rest of the crowd , I will be nervous every time they get a corner or free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post

I'm going on and know like the rest of the crowd , I will be nervous every time they get a corner or free kick.
    Not as nervous as me donz, I've got Tarko playing for England in two years time, so I'm hoping he can cope with the niceties of Pulisball. My credibility, what little bit I have, will be shot to pieces if he can't.

Oh! Ye of little faith. At the full time whistle, 3-0 I tell thee!

Attachment 6036

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)