+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Cup

Challenge Cup

Surprised no one has been on mentioning our wee trip to Englandshire on the 2nd Sept (presumably?)
    Our first visit to Shielfield since 26th July 9 years ago.On that day it was a 5 v 1 canter for the Supersouth.
    Expect a win of any kind at least,although a repeat of 9 years ago would do nicely thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Surprised no one has been on mentioning our wee trip to Englandshire on the 2nd Sept (presumably?)
    Our first visit to Shielfield since 26th July 9 years ago.On that day it was a 5 v 1 canter for the Supersouth.
    Expect a win of any kind at least,although a repeat of 9 years ago would do nicely thank you!
    Always remember that trip to Berwick being far longer on the bus than you think it ought to be. Even recall getting the train to NEWCASTLE to then go to Berwick for a game in the days before regular organised away travel. A winnable game but let's not take them lightly.

I was at Shielfield Park in season 1995-96. Leaving Mauchline at 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, getting to Berwick 10 minutes after kick-off, as it was 7:30 KO

The game finished 0-0 and got home at 1am

Berwick game confirmed as 2nd September with a 3 pm ko. https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-...es-and-venues/ Here's the full draw
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 18-08-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Always remember that trip to Berwick being far longer on the bus than you think it ought to be. Even recall getting the train to NEWCASTLE to then go to Berwick for a game in the days before regular organised away travel. A winnable game but let's not take them lightly.
    Ref.The organised away travel.Presumably the fans were still caught up with the excitement of the Scottish Cup Final, but,It's worth pointing out that the Travel Club took THREE coaches to that last Berwick game.I would be very surprised if even half of that number will travel this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I was at Shielfield Park in season 1995-96. Leaving Mauchline at 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, getting to Berwick 10 minutes after kick-off, as it was 7:30 KO

The game finished 0-0 and got home at 1am
    I remember a winter evening fixture there around that time that finished goalless iirc. Not sure if that would have been the same game but it was the coldest I've ever been at a football match. Baltic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post

A FIVE-STAR show sunk sorry Gers but it still wasn't enough for Queens gaffer Gordon Chisholm.

Goals from Sean O'Connor (2), Stewart Kean, Craig Reid and Craig Barr sealed an easy victory for the First Division side.

source Daily Record

Having never been to Berwick I am already really looking forward to ticking another ground of my list.

For whatever reason,I cannot edit the above post.Just to mention that,I hope that Queens will also brighten up your day.

Dunno what's happening here,but I was replying to QOS King's post,hoping that he enjoys the day,and that there is three or four pubs around a ten minute uphill walk from the ground,should he wish to enjoy a pre match snifter inTweedmouth.😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)