+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne cools on midfield signing

Warne cools on midfield signing

Hmmm not sure I like this. Yes we'd be unlucky if our 3 midfielders got injured but it's hardly unheard of for us to have injuries. Then potentially using players out of position to cover, again this hasn't worked great for us in the past. I think we definitely need one more central midfielder, I'd say it's more important at this stage than potentially putting our number of strikers up to 7

Got to be a midfield player before a striker. Potter & especially Frecks are they always going to be fit. Someone is now a good player not was. What I saw tues Taylor & Forde can go.

Strange that for so long we seemed to have a surfeit of midfielders - PW to take a gamble - yes, Do Ball and a couple of others could step in, but it would leave us vulnerable in other areas. Love Frex as a player, but high chance he'll be crocked before January (though we said that about Wardy last year)

after the injuries Frecks has had last few seasons then I'd say Warney is taking a risk but if we can get to January then he could fetch one in then

Warne's made some good decisions this transfer window - this ain't one of them! This is League 1, we need a strong, attack-minded midfielder who can chip in with 8 or 10 goals. Not much to ask!

Wouldn't mind another centre mid who is good on the ball and can pick the right passes off. I was impressed with Alex Woodyard from Lincoln when they played us or somebody like Luke Hyam as well would be an ideal signing.

frecks had the op last season to finally fix the foot problem. will it last? gowd knows.

was reading on the lincoln forum about frecks when he was there. he was injury prone as a youngen and spent half the time on the physio bench

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Wouldn't mind another centre mid who is good on the ball and can pick the right passes off. I was impressed with Alex Woodyard from Lincoln when they played us or somebody like Luke Hyam as well would be an ideal signing.
    Luke Hyam good shout - not sure he is getting any game time with them and could prove a good asset for us

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Luke Hyam good shout - not sure he is getting any game time with them and could prove a good asset for us
    hes been injured again. he played 45 minutes in the cup tuther day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast