+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T RIP Sir Bruce Forsyth

If you knew me I said well before Brucie died I wasn't a fan. I can't stand Ant & Dec. Anything to do with Strickly or X factor. Like Rich Hall, Milton Jones. Jimbo McGrath [ racing tipster ] Can't stand Clare Balding. Like people who standout, not just average.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    If you knew me I said well before Brucie died I wasn't a fan. I can't stand Ant & Dec. Anything to do with Strickly or X factor. Like Rich Hall, Milton Jones. Jimbo McGrath [ racing tipster ] Can't stand Clare Balding. Like people who standout, not just average.
    Is there anyone Tha does like gwru? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TONY316 View Post
    I wasn't going to read this thread because I just knew some Aholes couldn't resist having a go.
    Show some respect you morons.
    He will be missed by many, you will not.
    Ha ha, take care when you go out to tie some flowers to the lamppost

False sympathy is worse than no sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ha ha, take care when you go out to tie some flowers to the lamppost

False sympathy is worse than no sympathy
    I've never taken a Millersmad RIP thread seriously since Gino and the Muppets led the eulogies for that King Rat Malcolm McClaren.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I've never taken a Millersmad RIP thread seriously since Gino and the Muppets led the eulogies for that King Rat Malcolm McClaren.
    Many years ago I was a regular visitor to Club Fiesta in Sheffield where I saw quite a few well known acts of the day. The Fiesta had waitresses serving drinks and food. When dear old Bruce was there he refused to come on stage until the service was stopped. It was never a problem with others many "bigger names" than him.

Maybe it was that display of monster ego that set me against him.

As a kid I used to sit down in front of the tv with my parents and siblings watching the entertainment on a weekend. Bruce was a part of that.

Saturday night my wife played higher or lower with a deck of cards whilst camping not knowing that he had died.

R.I.P. Bruce

Likewise frog, we used to sit together to watch The Generation Game and my mum who was born the same year as him loved it. Sadly she preceeded him in death by almost 40 years but his passing brought back those happy memories and for that, RIP Bruce.

Not knocking Brucie but when Larry Grayson who was actually funny & likeable took over the generation game the ratings went up by a few million. I didn't get the Brucie, Parky & Tarby gig.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Not knocking Brucie but when Larry Grayson who was actually funny & likeable took over the generation game the ratings went up by a few million. I didn't get the Brucie, Parky & Tarby gig.
    Ratings went up cos a few gays logged on ... yeh

As for funny no he wasn't he merely played on his camp status with his sidekick 'Everhard' I ask you ...on reflection was that a choice name to use on family tv?

So prurient there, Brin.

Larry Grayson went a long way with quite thin material but students and middle-aged women loved him.

The schedules this weekend have been inundated with examples of Forsyth's mediocrity. I only wish I loved him half as much as he idolized himself. Good riddance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast