+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for barnet

Team for barnet

Interesting options tomorrow. Will da retain Harry Pickering ? Or go for experience by bringing Zooms in. ? If he goes with 4 at the back then Nolan will be at right back ,with Brad staying at centre half. Looking forward to seeing Brad in a regular midfield role as soon as we have the numbers back. Callum ainsley should be accommodated somewhere , he has match winning potential and, we will be more reliant on his creativity if George cooper moves on.

Whoever DA picks let's hope they bag our first three points of the season before we take 3 off of the old timers (Pope etc) at Vile. I'm going for a 2 - 1 Alex win!

Also going for 2-1 to Crewe.

I think today is a massive game for us.Yes I know it is 3 points just like the rest. But no more slip ups or excuses, we have to throw down a marker to the rest of the division. Lets have an impressive and powerful win. Do I think that we can do it, yes I think that we can. DARAWA

I agree, an important game today. We need 3pts just to get the season started. I see Sky have both teams as 13/8- so they don't think there is a favourite for this game.

I won't be there today so any updates on here will be appreciated. ( I don't do twitter or facebook).

We were by no means brilliant as a unit, 3-4-3 didn't quite work for me. Game of few chances and that's why it's important to have a Dagnall or Porter in your line up. Think we edged it but they got what they deserved, time wasting from the start. They didn't half speed things up from the 74th minute though, ****s.

Two average sides today, and the slightly above average one edged it. I agree that the formation didn't suit us, but the back 3 headed everything clear and Ben had one save in 90 odd minutes as I recall.

Lowery was the pick of the front 5 (or is it 7?) and I'm not sure why Daggers spent so much time dropping back.... and then getting caught in possession so often. He was rather poor today, would be better off further forward. George didn't help his chances of getting a transfer on today's performance either, so some good news there!!

Artell was right on the website when he said the subs made the difference, especially Zooms. Ball of the match to set up the winner and full of energy as always. If we continue to play 3 at the back he has to start wide left, although I'd prefer a standard Back 4 with him at LB and Nolan warming the bench.

Promising start to the season, and will look better when Ray and Jones are available and Zooms is fully fit - give the manager a few selection headaches of the right kind!

Just confirmed to me what I've thought for a while......Bowery is a back up player...at best!

Crewe Alexandra F.C. 1 v Barnet F.C. 0 | Voodoo Ground | (19/08/17) Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2PYCJYB6E