+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover

The return on their investment isn't necessarily in cash , bear with me .

It's exposure they seek , because of the popularity of the english game worldwide football offers them a huge marketing platform .

They may well see more business owning an english football club than we can imagine .

Look how owning Man City has totally changed the Etihad brand , I'd hardly heard of it before they bought the club .

This deal will definitely happen. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's got lost in the translation.

It's a takeaway, not a takeover.

Mr Foo Kin Nice Chicken Spice Hut on Sheffield Rd.(No 42 wi prawn crackers recommended)

Dunt want 'em. Rather be a local club in League One laikin at "Oakwell".
    Somebody has to own the club SB , if no local group comes forward then what ?

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Bring it on then maybe we might start paying our players championship wages and not selling them every transfer window.
    Good point collier, I'm not bothered about them coming in and paying the silly money that's being asked for less than average player, as you say I'd be happy if they put money into players contracts to bring them more in line with most of the other championship clubs and create some continuity within our squad without the fear of loosing our players every transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Somebody has to own the club SB , if no local group comes forward then what ?

Don't forget the other player in this
    Barnsley own half the ground don't they?
    with Gov't cuts to Council funding won't they be as keen as anyone to raise some cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Don't forget the other player in this
    Barnsley own half the ground don't they?
    with Gov't cuts to Council funding won't they be as keen as anyone to raise some cash?
    Well you would presume so exile given the budget they are expected to deliver services on .

It seems to me as colliers points out very well that they won't be throwing multi millions at it but more giving us the chance to keep our players by placing them on championship wages .

I would imagine that would sit very well with the majority of fans unless playing in league one and owned by Potts of Wombwell tickles your fancy of course .

Pc will do what's best for him and the club , I trust him to sell to someone with the clubs best interest at heart because we're no cash cow are we

The only thing that is bugging me is the fact that sadly PC is under extreme pressure to sell the club .

He probably wants to ensure that all his business affairs are sorted and his family are not exposed to them .

This is a very different scenario to selling the club and retirement .

The only thing we can hope for is that the club moves forward and prospers and I'm certain PC does have that in his thoughts .

PC is a business man he's got back the money he's (invested) and he hasn't put money into club from the goodness of his heart hence the PLAN you all keep forgetting this.Yes he's a fan but business is business and he WILL sell come what may

WE have no choice but to trust his judgement, for me he has always seen to put the clubs interest at heart before his.
    BTW, they signed up players like Balotelli and Schneider for Nice, not expecting similar(and hoping not too), but does make you wonder definition of splashing cash?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast