+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover

Takeover

Reported we are in advanced talks re a takeover by a Chinese billionaire consortium. Same people who tried to takeover Middlesbrough.
    Daily Mail

Unfortunately asbin and I say this through gritted teeth .

The only hope the club have of retaining a long term stay in the championship or pushing further on is to have such people owning the club .

All I want from these people is to sign the cheques and nothing else , stay in bloody China for me .

The problem is they want to come in and run it like their own businesses , they may know how to make cheap shyte tackle but they know feck all about football .

First thing they will do is hire a foreign coach , then sell the naming rights to the stadium .

Once they realise spending 50 million doesn't necessarily make you successful they will lose interest and it's in the lap of the gods the health they leave us in .

Dammed if you don't and potentially dammed if you do .

Rather stay as we are, the one thing we do get is value for our money. All we will do is attract mercenaries.

Not saying these young lads have any ties with our club but they all want to improve and work their socks off! Unless your going to throw obscene money at it we would be on par with most of the Championship clubs, desperately clambering to get to the promised land paying stupid money!

Be very careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post
    Rather stay as we are, the one thing we do get is value for our money. All we will do is attract mercenaries.

Not saying these young lads have any ties with our club but they all want to improve and work their socks off! Unless your going to throw obscene money at it we would be on par with most of the Championship clubs, desperately clambering to get to the promised land paying stupid money!

Be very careful what you wish for!
    The thing is Swazer , every club in this league is practically owned by mega wealthy people and despite our efforts of late we will eventually go down and become unable to compete at all at this level .

At least 15 or 16 of these owners are throwing their money down the drain as only 3 clubs can get promoted .

However we either grab our chance and get a slice of this action while we sit in the chamlionship debt free or we become a league one club further down the line and even more behind the championship stock clubs .

We might have to accept these new owners just to compete at this level and nothing more .

Interesting situation developing as the story seems to have legs .

I hate this subject to be honest, but its totally relevant to us right now and its something that we all must accept.
    Mr. Cryne won't be here long term sadly and then something with the club has got to happen, especially as his family don't seem to want to take it over from him.

So what do we do eh lads, Id like to see all of us on here share our thoughts and opinions on this, because its going to happen sooner or later.

It will be interesting to see what value the club is eventually sold at .

To tell the truth I wouldn't even know what it's worth in this day and age .

Deal could be completed by the end of the month and they are looking to buy the ground back off BMBC .

Source is Darfield Red off the bbs board who is always bang on with the info and obviously has close links to the club .

I'd sooner drop down to League one and be owned by a local Butcher than have the b@stard Chinese own us. Don't care if we drop to the Conference. They haven't the money they say they have and will eventually ruin football in this country. Name one Chinese owned club successful in this country???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I'd sooner drop down to League one and be owned by a local Butcher than have the b@stard Chinese own us. Don't care if we drop to the Conference. They haven't the money they say they have and will eventually ruin football in this country. Name one Chinese owned club successful in this country???!!!!
    Well that's all well and good Jules and I understand your point .

What we have to remember is that PC doesn't really have much choice but to sell the club given his unfortunate health and this maybe is the best deal he can get .

The same consortium own French club Nice who have qualified for the champions league for the first time I believe .

At least they have some kind of footballing track record .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 18-08-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast