+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen 1988-89

Aberdeen 1988-89

Was watching this on YouTube earlier,good times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VdfBX3Jh4IY

I was speaking to one of our star players from that year and he was telling me that Celtic were after Gilhaus but couldnt afford him.

Some f@cking beezers of mullets in that

Also good to see the pigs were getting shady pens back then

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I was speaking to one of our star players from that year and he was telling me that Celtic were after Gilhaus but couldnt afford him.
    Anton Rogan. He was the ultimate star

Was a "bit too young " to go to Hun games according to my old man but I wish I was at that game where Charlie Nicholas scored the winner,seemed like a hell of a bounce.

Going back to pens, that pen in the League Cup final was a joke. Theo grabbed Drinkell twice before he got to the box. Shocking throw in though

Anyway I wish I was a few years older.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 18-08-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Going back to pens, that pen in the League Cup final was a joke. Theo grabbed Drinkell twice before he got to the box. Shocking throw in though

Anyway I wish I was a few years older.
    Cheers min, think I was at everyone of those games. Should have won the league that year.

Snelders, McKimmie, Judas, Simmie, McLeish, Bett, Connor & Nicholas were very good players.

Have to add. Even though it was for the deid c@nts it was good to see Neale Cooper celebrate properly and not have the stupid muted celebrations you get these days. Pet hate of mine in fitba(along with gloves and short sleeves)

League Cup final and Love St that season, were my first game & first away game. Still haven't been to Pittodrie, is it any good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast