+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: R.I.P. Bruce Forsyth

R.I.P. Bruce Forsyth

R.I.P. Brucie ,a true legend and gentleman of TV whether you liked him or not

Liked his women as well

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

Liked his women as well
    You liked Wilhelmina etc ? Or he liked others?

A great entertainer for a very long time with a great personal touch.

Normally when a celeb dies I just say, "Oh, what a pity"..and thats about it.

Bruce was different for me.

I have grown up watching him. He has been a real part of my life. He was always a reassuring presence - like a popular member of my family - one that you loved to visit you.

I can't think of any other celeb that I have, or will be, sadder to lose.

I mean, he even made me enjoy watching ballroom dancing.

His jokes wen't particularly funny, his voice was average, I don't really like tap dancing, but his personality was unique.

God Bless Bruce.

Whatever anyone thought about Bruce, he was a true professional who ensured that the show went on, no matter what.
    He was extremely good at what he did and never failed to deliver the goods.
    RIP Bruce Forsyth.

It took me a long time to warm to him, maybe because a I was never a fan of game shows, nor song and dance men. But since being persuaded to watch Strictly by the missus about 12 years ago, and becoming hooked on it, I realised what an enormous talent he was. The BBC made the decision not to directly replace him when he left the show a couple of years a ago, they asked Tess and Claudia to run it instead, a very wise decision, because he simply was irreplaceable.

I once played golf with him in a Pro-Am at Wentworth back in the day, he was partnered up with Kenny Lynch.

All I can report is that he was entirely affable, warm and genuine and a better than decent mid-handicap golfer.

I am pretty sure Saint Peter will have already booked you a tee-time Brucie? R.I.P.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)