+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkwright Jr

Team P W D L GD Pts
    St Mirren26 18 3 5 19 57
    Livingston25 13 7 5 15 46
    Morton 25 11 8 6 13 41
    -Pish teams below———————-
    Dundee Utd23 12 4 7 3 40
    Dunfermline25 9 8 8 4. 35
    Queen of Sth25 9 8 8 4 35
    —-**** line————
    Inverness CT24 8 6 10 0 30
    —-**** line cancelled
    Falkirk 26 7 9 10 -11 30
    Dumbarton 24 4 9 11 -16 21
    Brechin 25 0 4 21 -38 4

Apologies if the alignment is ****ed.

Still, the Jutes, eh? 😆😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    If St Mirren beat them on Friday, their play-off route looks ever more difficult.

What a shame. ��
    They are at home to QOS tonight. If they don’t win that one, they have no chance of going up.

Yas. I only saw the weekend games. I hope the sna bides off so that they **** it up again.

They will be lucky to have Brechin in the league at this rate

Nae quite following this.

So, they have sold off their training ground (thocht they trained in st Andrews anyway?) to a director, to raise working capital, but with an option to buy it back, for the same price that they sold it for, when they get back on their feet?

So, what happens to the Gusset Park in the meantime? What does the director do with it?

Is it some kind of internal asset transfer, to make the books look better?

He (or some pension fund to which he's attached) now owns it and the Smellies rent it back. I think it's a commercial sports area from which the Badly-Dressed draw hire income etc. A bit like Spain Park, but with less able fitba players in it, and smaller crowds.

In all events, it seems to be that its facilties were funded by fans, and some of the New-Scarves-The-Day-Efter-Wiz-Beat-Borussia sistershggers are less than happy about it.

I'll just sit here for a wee while and laugh at the misfortune they're reaping as a result of their delusion.

The boy who bought Gusset Park is now Chairman as G-G-Granville agrees to sell most of his shares and vacate the boardroom with its celebratory cup quarter-finalists and Dewar Shield honours board.

The Jute site still has a “Euro travel” board.

End of an era.

His work at Tannadump has been outstanding from the start & I’ll always remember him fondly

This new guy has big boots to fill but he’s got off to a very promising start.

Aye, the man who sold his two key players to the club the Jutes were about to play in a cup final, two days after they qualified for it in a referee-aided win against us. Proof if ever it was needed, that semi-finals are their finals.

I’m happy to join any campaign to see him given a minor honour in the monarch’s next Birthday Honours List. A Challenge Cup Runners-Up medal would be fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Aye, the man who sold his two key players to the club the Jutes were about to play in a cup final, two days after they qualified for it in a referee-aided win against us. Proof if ever it was needed, that semi-finals are their finals.

I’m happy to join any campaign to see him given a minor honour in the monarch’s next Birthday Honours List. A Challenge Cup Runners-Up medal would be fitting.
    Indeed.....I mind being 1st supporter in a bar(international I think) after the Stevie McLean show waiting for the loon prior to heading up North......the jutes eventually came in after celebrating winning the semi....got chatting to some and wished them all the best for the final and saying Armstrong could cause the ugly sister problems.....boom, a few days later, Armstrong, GMS ruled out of the final and McNamara,Jackson and Donnelly get a nice wedge of cash.....only reason that info was leaked was Arkwright trying to deflect from himself.....strange

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast