+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood .. done deal !

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Chris Wood 15m+ add-ons or Jay Rodriguez 12m.It is a no brainer,there is something definitely wrong with our recruitment team.
    I'm guessing but I'd say there is a lot wrong with our recruitment team, couple that with maybe Dyche not liking adventurous play in the final third and to mind set on the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    When you add on what we will be paying Wood, compared to what WBA are paying Jay, over a four year contract Wood works out much cheaper.
    That's probably true Sinkov, so do we still want cheap over dear, which (we have yet to see) equals a reasonable player or one with potency.

When you add on what we will be paying Wood, compared to what WBA are paying Jay, over a four year contract Wood works out much cheaper.
    What are his wages, I saw £50k a week quoted by one paper, but surely never that high?

According to The Mirror, Wood is currently earning £15,000-a-week as Leeds’ top earner. According to the report in The Sun today, Burnley will offer the striker improved wages of around £50,000-a-week. This means that if he signs for Burnley, Wood will more than triple his current wages.

I thought the carrot that got Wood here was the Premier League, if he was on £15,000 a week then pay him £25,000 for the first year with a view to increase it, £50,000 seems to much.

Yes but Jay is a Burnley lad and a proven PL striker with 15 goals in one season.

buy cheap buy twice

Rodriguez was s h i t e today. We are living in the past with this constant eulogising of a former player. Stop it please and move on?

If he had wanted to come and SD thought it a good move he would be here. He isn't and it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    What are his wages, I saw £50k a week quoted by one paper, but surely never that high?

According to The Mirror, Wood is currently earning £15,000-a-week as Leeds’ top earner. According to the report in The Sun today, Burnley will offer the striker improved wages of around £50,000-a-week. This means that if he signs for Burnley, Wood will more than triple his current wages.
    Jay's on £60k a week at WBA, I'd be surprised if Wood will be on anything approaching £50k a week with us.

Deal done. £15 million wired to Dirty Weeds today. £3 million more to go in add-ons!

That's already £22 million we have sent to Elland Road in less than a month. Enough already!

Attachment 6068

At this rate we are going to have to open the Dry Powder Room door! Anyway welcome to Turf Moor Chris.

Good luck to Chris Wood in his new venture with the Clarets.
    Just a word about Jay Rod --his father was a guest in the Foundation Club on Saturday and was answering questions about his own limited career and also about Jay. He told us that Jay had worked extremely hard to get back to where he is now after his ACL injury. He had had lots of complications, including a virus infection and had spent one night in intensive care because he was so ill. He lost a lot of weight and he had needed to do a lot of work to build himself up again. It seems that he had really suffered and has shown great determination to get back to where he is. I certainly wish him well at WBA.

15m + 3m add-ons for a Championship striker.We must be bonkers.I pray to god we have some more attacking players coming because from what I can see he is more of the same with Vokes,Barnes and Walters.
    I think this could really be a calamitous mistake.We only bid 13m Euros(circa £11.8m)for a proven La Liga striker FFS.I hope I am proved wrong but this does not strengthen our team or give us other options.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)