+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wood .. done deal !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He has the will. He has the character. He has the skill. He knows where the net is and he wanted to come to Burnley.

I'm glad he is here and I wish him all of the very best.

Well what he doesn't have is the respect for a club who pays his wages, by refusing to play, what does that tell you about a player you have just paid a small fortune for? He only "wanted" to come to your club when you showed interest in him.....could have been any club, believe me.....don't get caught up in the BS. Maybe your manager (who I like) will get something out of him, who knows. I do know LUFC will be more then happy with the crazy amount your club have just given them.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    ......in a nutshell mate. As you all know the gulf between our league and the prem? LUFC have pocketed a hefty load of cash for him. Well pleased I'm guessing. Good luck to him, he's going to need it.
    ...on the plus side Kap - he is accurate - can put a ball where it's supposed to go - between the posts....which is something were desperately in need of.
    And true...it is to be questioned, how close many PL sides are to Championship level...that could help us, that is, them not seeing the obvious...so allowing a prowlers to snatch the goals...But I see when Bournmouth were behind, Howe threw on the 20mil Defoe in their last two games (Watford&Brom) with about thirty minutes to go....hoping for him to make the poach - which he failed to do in either.
    Vardy scored a couple against Arsenal...that amazed me - him slinking through twice..though nothing against Brighton - but he is a wiley one...and a much different shape and size than the hefty Wood.

....I sure hope he can do something - but like most on here - am the same....it's a Big question mark at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Let's just rejoice and be happy?
    so you don't feel all alone BT....have some fireworks.

I love the way that Burnley fans always write off any new signings before they have even kicked a ball in anguish for the club.
    Was he a player who was wanted by the boss? Whose job is on the line if he doesn't deliver the goods? Was it a crazy price these days --remember Ross McCormack --and that was three years ago.
    As far as Leeds fans thoughts --enjoy another year in the Championship where you will be Marching on Together and delivering the inane chant of You're Not Leeds --how grateful we are for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    When you add on what we will be paying Wood, compared to what WBA are paying Jay, over a four year contract Wood works out much cheaper.

Hope Wood works for you - really mean this! For me, when he was at West Brom he was nothing but a lump up front with no quality or real pace. He did know where the net was though, but that was the championship where chances come more frequently.

From the showing so far, Jay is an absolute steal if he can stay injury free, and a bargain compared to Wood. Not only does he know where the net is - he's quick and got grace and quality which a lump can lack.

you cant generalise SS- i was happy we signed Gray when we did and Keane but had reservations about Arfield and Barton. SD is an astute manager but prone to the odd error of judgement in Hennings certainly- Looks like there are two Wood camps- one that wants him and the other that doesnt- time will tell how good he is in the PL but a couple of cluns had him but let him go without him starting a game- read into that what you will

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    you cant generalise SS- i was happy we signed Gray when we did and Keane but had reservations about Arfield and Barton. SD is an astute manager but prone to the odd error of judgement in Hennings certainly- Looks like there are two Wood camps- one that wants him and the other that doesnt- time will tell how good he is in the PL but a couple of cluns had him but let him go without him starting a game- read into that what you will
    If that is the case you risk 7-8m not 15m+3m add-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I love the way that Burnley fans always write off any new signings before they have even kicked a ball in anguish for the club.
    Was he a player who was wanted by the boss? Whose job is on the line if he doesn't deliver the goods? Was it a crazy price these days --remember Ross McCormack --and that was three years ago.
    As far as Leeds fans thoughts --enjoy another year in the Championship where you will be Marching on Together and delivering the inane chant of You're Not Leeds --how grateful we are for that.
    Awww bless

exactly my thoughts CIB

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    exactly my thoughts CIB
    Andone looked more like the player we need to me but I am not the BFC manager.....I hope it works for SD but I think he has dropped a clanger with this one.He seems way behind Eddie Howe on making good transfers.

Lots of sore losers suddenly appearing on here...

Wood is a Burnley player now, move on and get over it!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)