+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood .. done deal !

another big striker going long ball. THATS WHY DYCHE IS HAVING PITCH NARROWED 1 YARD ETHIER SIDE

youd think he wsnt a bit of width to get crosses in and let Wardy have another go at a screamer-

Quote Originally Posted by saffron1967 View Post
    another big striker going long ball. THATS WHY DYCHE IS HAVING PITCH NARROWED 1 YARD ETHIER SIDE
    Is that true?

We are not exactly renowned for giving it plenty of width. Congest the midfield, deny the opposition space, press high up the pitch and narrow the width of the playing surface.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Yes its true we work with the groundstaff we service there machinery for maintaining the pitch

Some strikers make the step up, some don't, only one way to find out. And if he doesn't no problem, we've just made a profit on one who couldn't make the step up, and the way this market is moving we can always cash in on Wood as well, if need be.

Please no ! We've got our big lump up front already. Surely we have the money to buy a Premiership quality footballer. We've got to watch this stuff.

When I first heard we might be in for Woods I was underwhelmed. Those 2 awful sitters he missed at the Turf overrode his great record last season . Maybe too harsh and dismissive?
    During the last week or so I'm more optimistic , having got the idea that he is lumbering out of my head and listening to other viewpoints.

It's a big fee for the club, which they can comfortably afford during these heady Premier League times. And of course his wages fit in nicely within our budget.

Put me in the excited category , hoping my initial instincts will be prove wrong
    Last edited by thedonz; 19-08-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Chris Wood 15m+ add-ons or Jay Rodriguez 12m.It is a no brainer,there is something definitely wrong with our recruitment team.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Chris Wood 15m+ add-ons or Jay Rodriguez 12m.It is a no brainer,there is something definitely wrong with our recruitment team.
    When you add on what we will be paying Wood, compared to what WBA are paying Jay, over a four year contract Wood works out much cheaper.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)