+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves/sheep worriers matchday thread

67' Bonatini levels it up for Wolves....now let's have another one....Go you Wolves !!!

What a surprise.

They always come back to haunt you.

77' and Cardiff get a second.....b----r

Barstewards!! Them not us. What a disappointment. Warnock is a cagey old git though so its not too much of a surprise. Only one game though, learn the lessons and move forward.

If at the start of the season nine points out of twelve was offered, i think many Wolves fans would accept them. We have had a good start to the season, but today i think out of the two sides, Cardiff on chances alone, deserved the points. The flowing football seen in our opening three games wasn't on show much today. Neil Warnock has got a well organised side that plays to their strengths. Wolves couldn't handle certain aspects to the visitors games, physicality being one of them, but it's down to the ref to sort out incidents. In a way, for quite a few of our new signings, it was a 'welcome to the championship' type game.

The visitors strengths are set-pieces, ie long throws and corners. Quite a few problems caused as the ball came into the box, Bamba with the first real chance that hit the bar. Wolves never really had any flow or tempo to the game as time after time a move was halted by Cardiff. Chances for Wolves in the first half, a could for Enobakhare, and one for Jota. Out the two keepers i do feel Ruddy was made to work more than his opposite number. One thing missing today was the attacking influences of both Douglas and Doherty.

Out of the two sides i always felt the away side looked more of a threat going forward, Zohore causing no end of problems in attack, and so did both Hoilett and Mendez-Laing. Defensively, Wolves looked vulnerable, Miranda didn't cover himself in much glory for the first, and Boly needs to do better when judging the flight of the ball for the second. i would have taken a point when Bonatini had scored from close range, but bar the chance Dicko put into the side netting, Cardiif looked the more likely to win the game.

After the event, it's quick and easy to blame the ref, the style of the opposition or missed chances, but Cardiif scored the goals that mattered.

Listening to the game, it seemed that the game at the official was calling it was always going to favor a Warnock side. Our job to adjust to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Listening to the game, it seemed that the game at the official was calling it was always going to favor a Warnock side. Our job to adjust to it.
    The ref let quite a few challenges and off the ball incidents go, the one he did see on Saiss could easily have been a red card and not a yellow one.

Some highlights, but not the one with the goals, it shows the Saiss incident.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post

Some highlights, but not the one with the goals, it shows the Saiss incident.
    Thanks Gav, I think! Only highlights I know but it looked really scrappy.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Thanks Gav, I think! Only highlights I know but it looked really scrappy.
    It was Woody, Cardiff never gave us time on the ball, which Wolves can't expect anyway. They did a job on us, and knew how to slow the game down when needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)